VOTE Photo Contest - Dawn to Dusk

In summary, the final PF Photo Contest was a fun and creative way to communicate and get to know each other better.

VOTE PF Photo Contest - Dawn to Dusk

• kuruman

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • nsaspook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • docnet

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • morrobay

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Dr. Courtney

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Rubidium_71

• Ygggdrasil

• DennisN

• Algr

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • rsk

• mcastillo356

• Fervent Freyja

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • jtbell

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
{Administrative Note: This was the last PF Photo Contest that I administered. It has been a great run since I started this contest more than 10 years ago on this forum. Thank you to everyone who had participated in it. It was fun (most of the time). Special thanks to long-time participants @Marzena and @Borek , who had participated since Day 1. Thanks also to @berkeman ,@jtbell , and @Evo for the support all these years of running the contest.}

For this contest, photos must clearly depict a scene of dusk or dawn.

1. kuruman
dusk-jpg.jpg
2. nsaspook
50255975078_6500854771_b_d-jpg.jpg
3. docnet
img_1326-jpeg.jpg
4. morrobay
img-823020541-jpg.jpg
5. Dr. Courtney
dscn1866-jpg.jpg
6. Rubidium_71
island-sunset-jpg.jpg
7. Ygggdrasil
2012-01-01-17-04-07-jpg.jpg
8. DennisN
50260484776_a5e02f539d_c-jpg.jpg
9. Algr
dusk-after-storm-jpg.jpg
10. rsk
dscf0748a-xl-jpg.jpg
11. mcastillo356
0-jpg.jpg
12. Fervent Freyja
e3168175-44da-48a0-9fd5-c6134b28cc4a-jpeg.jpg
13. jtbell
dusktodawn-jpg.jpg
Contest thread

Zz.

Likes collinsmark, Evo, davenn and 4 others
Physics news on Phys.org
ZapperZ said:
Administrative Note: This was the last PF Photo Contest that I administered.
Thanks for hosting the contests till date, Zz. It was great fun!

Who will chair the contests after this? Has anyone been selected/elected?

Likes Evo, BillTre and davenn
Zz, this has been the best, most interesting and fun exercise in GD. I did it a few times when you were in Disney World and it's HARD! I don't know how you managed this all these years.

If the contest leaves, it will be a sad day for PF.

This better NOT mean that YOU are leaving us, don't make me get out the net!

Likes Keith_McClary, BillTre, Infrared and 3 others
Dear ZapperZ: Thank you very much for hosting this contest for so long. It has given us a lot of fun and a respite in this especially difficult year, as well as helping us communicate with and get to know each other better. Thanks and best wishes.

Likes Evo, davenn, Andy Resnick and 3 others
We thank @ZapperZ for his indefatigable dedication and note that this last topic was appropriately chosen as he rides into the sunset. Will there be a new dawn?

Likes SammyS, Evo, DennisN and 4 others
ZapperZ said:
{Administrative Note: This was the last PF Photo Contest that I administered. It has been a great run since I started this contest more than 10 years ago on this forum. Thank you to everyone who had participated in it. It was fun (most of the time). Special thanks to long-time participants @Marzena and @Borek , who had participated since Day 1. Thanks also to @berkeman ,@jtbell , and @Evo for the support all these years of running the contest.}
Thanks for administering all the photo contests, @ZapperZ !
It is a remarkably long time running, and I imagine the total number of photos posted is quite impressive.
I think it's been very fun and also quite creative to participate (e.g. choosing or taking appropriate photos).
And it's been very fun to see all the photos by everyone!
Including the photos in the "Bad Photo" contests of course! :biggrin:

Likes Borg and davenn
It is not for the contest it just for lulz.
Do you think I did this photo in a deep forest? It is just a city park in Moscow.

IMG_20160602_152900_1.jpg

• Haha
Likes Leo Liu, Evo, DennisN and 1 other person
wrobel said:
Do you think I did this photo in a deep forest? It is just a city park in Moscow.

View attachment 269421
If you cropped the photo to get rid of the piece of sidewalk in the lower right, I might believe it was taken in a deep forest.

Likes Evo
Not mine and not for contest, dawn to dusk timelapse of lenticular cloud.

• Wow
Likes davenn and Evo
Not for the contest. Sunrise Sunset . Gulf of Thailand

IMG_20200916_061915.jpg
IMG_20200915_180920.jpg

Likes Evo and DennisN
(Not for the contest.)
A photo I took yesterday at my favorite part in the nearby park.
I post it in honor of @ZapperZ 's diligent administration of the contests and the PF photo contests themselves, and all participants.

50348769746_2d9989eac1_c.jpg

• Love
Likes wrobel, Evo, Borg and 1 other person
wrobel said:
I'd also expect to see a bear there.

I wish I could vote for rsk's photo.

Anyways, not for contest. Shot at YVR airport.

1626786027643.png

Likes DennisN

What is the "VOTE Photo Contest - Dawn to Dusk"?

The "VOTE Photo Contest - Dawn to Dusk" is a photography competition open to all individuals interested in capturing images that represent the theme of "Dawn to Dusk". The contest is organized by a team of scientists to promote creativity and appreciation for nature and the environment.

Who can participate in the contest?

The contest is open to everyone, regardless of age, nationality, or professional background. We welcome entries from amateur and professional photographers alike.

How do I submit my photo for the contest?

To submit your photo, you can visit our website and follow the instructions on the submission page. You will need to provide your name, email address, and a high-resolution image that represents the theme of "Dawn to Dusk".

What is the deadline for submissions?

The deadline for submissions is October 31st, 2021. Any entries received after this date will not be considered for the contest.

How will the winners be selected?

The winners will be selected by a panel of judges consisting of professional photographers and scientists. They will evaluate the photos based on creativity, technical skill, and how well they represent the theme of "Dawn to Dusk". The winners will be announced on our website and social media pages on November 15th, 2021.