VOTE GROUP 1 Photo Contest - From Dusk To Dawn

In summary: I think its pretty good considering I was about 10 and really didn't know my shutter speed from my f-stop.Overall, great pictures all.

VOTE GROUP 1 PF Photo Contest - From Dusk To Dawn

• Chi Meson

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • binzing

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • turbo-1

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Redbelly98

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • robertm

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • edward

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • ~christina~

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
This promises to be a difficult contest to vote on. You have one vote for each group. Please vote for the photo that best represents our theme: a picture taken either at dusk or at dawn.

{This contest has one disqualification due to size. All participants are strongly urged to pay close attention to the contest rules.}

1. Chi Meson
IMG_5637.jpg

2. binzing
rsz_image0-1.jpg

3. turbo-1
dusk.jpg

4. Redbelly98
CedarTrees_TurkeyMountain_PF.jpg

5. robertm
DSC02179-1.jpg

6. edward
http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/9839/1000507ar2.jpg

7. ~christina~
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/6127/editsunsetresevk7.jpg

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=250260"

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Had to vote for robertm's picture. I love that color. On a side note, you can get those shades by mixing alizarin crimson and hooker's green if you are painting.

Redbelly98 said:
I noticed there is another group of photos. ZZ, are we to vote for just 1 photo, or 1 from each group?

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=251585

ZapperZ said:
This promises to be a difficult contest to vote on. You have one vote for each group. Please vote for the photo that best represents our theme: a picture taken either at dusk or at dawn.

You may cast one vote in each group.

Zz.

I love the range of colours in Christina's. Did you use any filters to get that effect?

I went with robertm. very cool and unreal

Special thank to binzing! But my vote goes for robertm!

I had to go with Chi, that color and the moon makes me want to lie on my back and look up at the sky.

RobertM's is gorgeous, but Chi's just tugged at me. Chi, can you untie these ropes now?

~Chirstina~

It reminded me of Starry Starry Night
http://www.scu.k12.ca.us/pomeroy/3rd/starry-night.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Evo said:
I had to go with Chi, that color and the moon makes me want to lie on my back and look up at the sky.

RobertM's is gorgeous, but Chi's just tugged at me. Chi, can you untie these ropes now?

I need two more votes first.:biggrin:

Tough race. Tough race. Who will come in second? :redface:

Lisa! said:
Special thank to binzing!

What?

binzing said:
What?

I really liked the picture you've taken, so I wanted to thank you !:wink:

I was torn between ~christina~ and robertm - robertm squeaked out a win finally. The colors are just so dramatic.

Ah, ok. Thanks Lisa!(!)

I think its pretty good considering I was about 10 and really didn't know my shutter speed from my f-stop.

Overall, great pictures all.

You have less than 2 days to vote in the first round of this contest.

Zz.

matthyaouw said:
I love the range of colours in Christina's. Did you use any filters to get that effect?

Ah no..the problem was that I was behind a window with curtains. I liked the effect it produced though. :smile:

turbo-1 said:
I was torn between ~christina~ and robertm - robertm squeaked out a win finally. The colors are just so dramatic.
Thank you for explaining the internal struggle. :rofl:

~christina~ said:
Thank you for explaining the internal struggle. :rofl:
It was pretty tough! Sometimes, it's hard voting in these contests...

1. What is the purpose of the "VOTE GROUP 1 PF Photo Contest - From Dusk To Dawn?"

The purpose of the "VOTE GROUP 1 PF Photo Contest - From Dusk To Dawn" is to showcase and celebrate the beauty of photography during the transition from dusk to dawn. It provides an opportunity for photographers to share their talent and for viewers to appreciate their work.

2. Who can participate in the contest?

The contest is open to anyone who has a love for photography and a passion for capturing the beauty of dusk and dawn. Both amateur and professional photographers are welcome to enter the contest.

3. How are the winners selected?

The winners will be selected through a combination of public voting and judging by a panel of photography experts. The public will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite photos, and the judges will evaluate the top voted photos to determine the final winners.

4. What are the prizes for the winners?

The prizes for the winners of the "VOTE GROUP 1 PF Photo Contest - From Dusk To Dawn" have not been announced yet. However, they may include cash prizes, photography equipment, and/or opportunities for exposure and recognition.

5. How can I enter the contest?

To enter the contest, you can submit your photo through the designated platform or website. Make sure to follow the guidelines and rules of the contest, and provide all necessary information and forms. The submission period will be announced on the contest's official website or social media pages.