VOTE Photo Contest - This is Halloween

In summary, there is currently a Halloween-themed contest in which users have submitted a variety of pictures. These submissions include a goat in a hat, an orange-mist house, a grumpy kitty in costume, a cute goat, spooky jack-o-lanterns, and a really evil looking jack-o-lantern. Users are torn between voting for Integral, borek, hypatia, Zz, and scorpa, with Integral's pumpkin being the scariest and scorpa's cat being a favorite among users. The contest ends in less than 2 days and every vote counts.

VOTE PF Photo Contest - This is Halloween

• larkspur

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Borek

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • ZapperZ

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Andre

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • hypatia

• Integral

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • scorpa

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • turbo-1

• edward

• glondor

• Evo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
A large variety of pictures to choose from with our Halloween theme this time.

1. larkspur
2973376350_785fba4705_o.jpg

2. Borek
fog.jpg

3. ZapperZ
IMG_9333-1.jpg

4. Andre
halloween.JPG

5. hypatia
goat.jpg

6. Integral
Pumpkin_08007a.jpg

7. scorpa
IMG_0960.jpg

8. turbo-1
parade.jpg

9. edward
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/4242/1000899ox5.jpg

10. glondor
IMG_8690-1.jpg

11. Evo
meinthemorninga1gm6.jpg

Contest thread.

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Great set of submissions. I love the goat in the hat, but Larkspur wins by a whisker for me.

Tough choices in this one, as usual. I like scorpa's grumpy kitty in costume, and hypatia's goat for the cute-factor. Borek's orange-mist house does well on the eerie-ness scale. All the folks in costumes (especially the kids) rate on the tradition list. And then the spooky jack-o-lanterns cross over on a few categories for me.

So...I'm going with Integral's really evil looking jack-o-lantern! Too often, they look just cute, and I like seeing one done well to look evil and scary. Something about the angle of the photo seems to contribute to that feeling too.

Them zombies, they just kill me.

I'm torn between Integral, borek, hypatia, Zz, and scorpa.

Integral's pumpkin is just so cute though.

You have less than 2 days left to cast a vote in this contest. Don't miss it, or it'll be scary!

Zz.

Integral's pumpkin is definitely scariest. :eek:

While the US Presidential election was a landslide, the polling for this contest is still too close to call with one day left. So every vote counts!

Zz.

Scorpa's cat is one of my all time favorite pictures. I can just imagine what that cat is thinking.

1. What is the purpose of the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - This is Halloween"?

The purpose of the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - This is Halloween" is to showcase and celebrate creative and spooky Halloween-themed photography.

2. Who can participate in the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - This is Halloween"?

Anyone can participate in the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - This is Halloween" as long as they submit a photo that follows the contest rules and guidelines.

3. How do I submit a photo for the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - This is Halloween"?

To submit a photo, visit the contest's designated website or social media page and follow the instructions for submission.

4. How are the winners of the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - This is Halloween" chosen?

The winners of the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - This is Halloween" are chosen through a combination of public voting and judging by a panel of experts.

5. What can I win by participating in the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - This is Halloween"?

The prizes for the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - This is Halloween" vary, but typically include recognition, exposure, and sometimes monetary rewards for the top winners.