VOTE - Pretty in Pink Contest - Pictures Included

• Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date
In summary: Zz gets my vote.His pictures have this subtle, eerie feel to them, and the pink tree is just all the more eerily bizarre!I voted for kurdt.In summary, the pictures in this contest are all very well done, but Zz.Zz's flamingos and matt's pink tree really stand out.

VOTE - Pretty In Pink

• Kurdt

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • matthyaouw

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • turbo-1

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • larkspur

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Integral

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • twisting_edge

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • ZapperZ

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • 0TheSwerve0

• deerhake.11

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Aether

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Another solid round of pictures for this contest.

Please vote for a picture that best represent our theme for this contest, which is Pretty in Pink. The subject of that picture must be something having the color pink.

Good luck!

1. Kurdt
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/3783/sunrisefz3.jpg

2. matthyaouw
CNV00014.jpg

3. turbo-1
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/4585/aurorazt1.jpg

4. larkspur
256342169_4c4b8ed66c_o.jpg

5. Integral
http://home.comcast.net/~Integral50/scenery/hibscus.JPG

6. twisting_edge
red_bush.jpg

7. ZapperZ
Vacation2002016.jpg

8. 0TheSwerve0
adamflower.jpg

9. deerhake.11
215675786_a2b2ec3cd8.jpg

10. Aether
http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/4615/pinkyua1.jpg

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=141109"

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Zz gets my vote.

Kurdt got mine.

I went for larkspur, that was very well done.

I was torn between kurdt (absolutely striking!) and twisting_edge (for braving the inside of one of those towering bushes to get a good shot for this competition). However, as t_e pointed out, that bush really was more red than pink, so kurdt gets my vote.

Kurdt got my vote. Picture is similar to mine but the sky is even pinker. Absolutely beautiful.

I remember nights when the sky would look like that back home. You just don't get that in the city.

I had to give T-E credit for crawling inside the bush so that the filtering sunlight would make it look pink. He's always thinking of unique ways to capture images.

Damn tough competition though. Kurdt's sunset is magnificent and, Zz,s flamingos are so cute and matthyaouw found the oddest.

I was to go for matt, but then as I continued going down ZapperZ's picture took over.

All those FLAMINGOS!

Matt has my vote. His pictures have this subtle, eerie feel to them, and the pink tree is just all the more eerily bizarre!

I voted for kurdt.

You know, aside fromthe very first contest (I entered the Chrysler Building), I don't think I've voted for a single one of my own photos?

I might've voted for the demon cat, as well. That was a matter of survival, however. I have to live with the beast.

I had to vote for larkspur because I love those kinds of close ups of flowers and insects and even try to take a few of my own (but they're never as good).

Lots of great pics, I ended up going with Kurdt.

Kurdt said:
I had to vote for larkspur because I love those kinds of close ups of flowers and insects and even try to take a few of my own (but they're never as good).

I made a mistake taking this photo. I should have used a smaller aperture to get a better depth of field so the whole shot and not just the sweat bee would have been in focus.

This is a very close contest, and you have 2 days left to vote, if you haven't done so already. Every vote counts!

Zz.

Related to VOTE - Pretty in Pink Contest - Pictures Included

1. What is the "VOTE - Pretty in Pink Contest" about?

The "VOTE - Pretty in Pink Contest" is a competition where participants submit pictures of themselves wearing pink outfits or accessories. The purpose of the contest is to promote the color pink and celebrate individuality and self-expression.

2. How can I participate in the contest?

To participate in the "VOTE - Pretty in Pink Contest", you must submit a picture of yourself wearing pink to the designated platform or website. Make sure to follow the rules and guidelines provided by the organizer to ensure your submission is valid.

3. How are the winners of the contest chosen?

The winners of the "VOTE - Pretty in Pink Contest" are chosen through a voting system. The pictures submitted by the participants will be displayed for the public to vote on. The pictures with the most votes will be declared as the winners.

4. Can I submit multiple entries?

It depends on the rules set by the organizer. Some contests allow multiple entries, while others limit it to one entry per person. Make sure to read the guidelines carefully to avoid disqualification.

5. What are the prizes for the winners of the contest?

The prizes for the winners of the "VOTE - Pretty in Pink Contest" may vary depending on the organizer. Some may offer cash prizes, gift cards, or sponsored products. Make sure to check the contest details for the list of prizes before participating.