VOTE Photo Contest Group 2 - Bad Picture 3

In summary, the second polling group for this contest voted for Evo's photo of a blurry painting of a person.

VOTE PF Photo Contest Group 2 - Bad Picture 3

• [blank]

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Zenparticle

• ~christina~

• Evo

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • ZapperZ

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Borek

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alex:)

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Andre

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
This is the second polling group for this contest. Please vote for the picture that best represents the intent of the theme, which is a bad picture.

1. rewebster
[no picture ]

2. Zenparticle
http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/9756/picture082pk0.jpg

3. ~christina~
http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/7330/e314152e1445dd4502db9a4kd5.jpg

4. Evo
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/417/camerapictures295ae1.jpg

5. ZapperZ
IMG_9141.jpg

6. Borek
Photo34.jpg

7. Alex:)
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3827/policeqs6.jpg

8. Andre
foutefuut.jpg

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=248137"

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
hehe, the first picture (rewebster) turns out to be mine - the one I canceled. Probably it sneaked in his message as a quote... please update.

Ooops!

Zz.

Landslide going on here.

please forgive me, everyone, I voted for myself [blank]---I just had to

rewebster said:
please forgive me, everyone, I voted for myself [blank]---I just had to

Yeah, that's pretty bad to not even have a photo. :biggrin: Though, I think I have to go with Evo's weird magical squirrels and bunny photo.

Moonbear said:
Yeah, that's pretty bad to not even have a photo. :biggrin: Though, I think I have to go with Evo's weird magical squirrels and bunny photo.

(that was really my favorite, too)

It's a wonderful thing that you (someone) can 'win' for being 'bad'

rewebster said:
(that was really my favorite, too)

It's a wonderful thing that you (someone) can 'win' for being 'bad'
Thank you to everyone that has voted for my evil bunny and squirrels so far. It's so nice that Zz finally had a category that I could have a fair chance at. <sniff> Even if I don't win, at least it's nice to know that some people cared enough to vote. (your GOOBF cards are in the mail)

I almost deleted that picture because at first all I saw was the blur. The squirrel caught mid air was really a surprise.

Evo said:
I almost deleted that picture because at first all I saw was the blur. The squirrel caught mid air was really a surprise.

Good heavens. The longer I stare at that photo, the more I see. It is magical.

GeorginaS said:

the 'poster' episode from Seinfeld

Less than 2 days left to vote in the first round of this contest.

Zz.

GeorginaS said:

There were some paintings like that in the museum when I visited the other day. It's a special exhibit...I'll have to look up the name of the artist, because it wasn't one I was familiar with before and now don't remember it. Something starting with a T, I think. A lot of the paintings didn't really interest me at all in spite of the gallery being amazingly crowded with people who must have found something interesting in them. They were pretty ordinary looking landscapes and seascapes. But, near the end of the collection, there was a wall of paintings that at first glance looked something like Evo's photo, just blurs of paint. I almost just walked right on past thinking there was nothing of interest to me in blurs of paint (I was also hungry by then, and they keep moving walls in the museum, so I was once again lost trying to find the cafeteria when I stumbled upon this exhibit, so was kind of rushing through). Then, I just happened to stare at one a bit longer in my slightly unfocused daze of hunger and annoyance at the crowds and maze of galleries, and I started to notice more in the painting, a building, a person. It was all very cool once I realized they were done in a way that you had to stare at it a while to see what was really the subject of the painting, just like Evo's magical photo here. :biggrin: Evo could be a famous artist! (Or maybe I was just so hungry I was starting to hallucinate. :uhh:)

Edit: The artist was J.M.W. Turner.

1. What is the "VOTE PF Photo Contest Group 2 - Bad Picture 3" about?

The "VOTE PF Photo Contest Group 2 - Bad Picture 3" is a photography contest organized by the PF Photo Forum to showcase the worst or most unflattering photos taken by its members.

2. Who can participate in the "VOTE PF Photo Contest Group 2 - Bad Picture 3"?

Any member of the PF Photo Forum can participate in the contest by submitting their own bad photo entry.

3. How are the winners determined in the "VOTE PF Photo Contest Group 2 - Bad Picture 3"?

The winners are determined through a voting process where members of the PF Photo Forum can vote for their favorite bad photo entry. The entry with the most votes wins the contest.

4. Can I submit more than one bad photo entry in the "VOTE PF Photo Contest Group 2 - Bad Picture 3"?

Yes, participants are allowed to submit multiple bad photo entries, but only one entry per person may be voted on.

5. What is the purpose of the "VOTE PF Photo Contest Group 2 - Bad Picture 3"?

The purpose of the contest is to have a fun and lighthearted competition among members of the PF Photo Forum, while also showcasing the importance of good photography skills and techniques.