We should give free money to the homeless

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Money
In summary: Interesting thoughts. Certainly the sample size is far too small, but maybe there is something to take away from this study.In summary, this study found that giving people money without any strings attached helps them to live more satisfying lives. It is time for a radical reform of the welfare state.
houlahound said:
I am not in the US or understand their politics but have seen places in the South that are like third world hell holes and the people support policies that help them the least ie opposition to healthcare when their health is poor, opposition to welfare when they depend in food stamps, opposition to peace when they are cannon fodder, opposition to overseas manufacturing but addicted to cheap consumer products, opposition to science...

What's up with that, the South is a hard logic to follow.
I'm in the US, and don't understand it either.
hmmmm...

ps. "Loathing" is a funny word.

Physics news on Phys.org
I was in Gallatin (spelling) as a teenager for a while living with rich people on a horse stud farm - kind generous people but the poor areas I only can compare to SE Asia's poorest areas.

I could not believe such poverty existed in the US until I saw it.

The poor SE Asians were positive people with a zest for life, the poor white Southerners were violent and angry and were in a state of preparation for some vague apocalyptic war.

Just my personal experience, not generalising.

Last edited:
This thread is a necropost which no longer meets our guidelines, so it is closed.