Weird Air Force admissions situation

In summary, the conversation includes the individual seeking backup ideas or plans for their Air Force career goal, as there may be an issue preventing them from being sent to MEPs. They also mention being in community college and pursuing certifications, with a long-term goal of becoming a Cisco CCar or a Six Sigma Certified Master Black Belt. They are seeking career advice and may benefit from providing more information about their academic record and interests.
TheMacNerd
Anyone have any backup ideas/plans for me because it appears that my Air Force career goal isn't working out... as in they might not even bother to send me to MEPs because of an issue.

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Sure, contact your local McDonald's..
How can we even begin to offer you any career advice with your sparse amount of information. Do you have a long range goal? How good is your current academic record? Do you have any interests or particular likes or dislikes? The more information (pertinent) you give us, the better the advice we can provide.

Likes russ_watters and berkeman
TheMacNerd said:
Anyone have any backup ideas/plans for me because it appears that my Air Force career goal isn't working out... as in they might not even bother to send me to MEPs because of an issue.

Thanks!
I thought you were in community college about start class this fall? I also thought you were excited about taking some silly certification or finding a job so wouldn't have to drop said classes.

I am currently still in CC. I'm testing for Certs over the summer(s).

I currently have a long-range goal of becoming a Cisco Certified Master Network Architect (Cisco CCar). Another one is the Six Sigma Certified Master Black Belt at least (there's higher certifications than that).

1. What is the "Weird Air Force admissions situation"?

The "Weird Air Force admissions situation" refers to a recent controversy surrounding the United States Air Force Academy's admissions process. It was discovered that the academy had admitted students with subpar qualifications, including criminal records and low physical fitness scores.

2. How did this situation come to light?

This situation was brought to light by a report from the Department of Defense's Inspector General, which was released in April 2021. The report found that the Air Force Academy had lowered its standards in order to increase enrollment numbers.

3. What are the implications of this situation?

The implications of this situation are serious, as it calls into question the integrity of the admissions process at one of the most prestigious military academies in the country. It also raises concerns about the quality of education and training that these admitted students will receive.

4. What actions have been taken in response to this situation?

Following the release of the Inspector General's report, the Air Force Academy has stated that it has implemented corrective actions to address the issues raised. This includes reviewing and revising its admissions policies and procedures, and providing additional training for admissions staff.

5. How does this situation reflect on the Air Force as a whole?

This situation has brought negative attention to the Air Force and its admissions process, as it raises questions about the overall standards and integrity of the military branch. It also highlights the need for continued oversight and improvement in the admissions process to ensure the highest quality of cadets are admitted into the Air Force Academy.