Welcome Back! Old Friends Reunited at Physicsforums

In summary, siddarth said hello and mentioned that he's now doing a PhD in surface science, polymers and fluid mechanics. He also said that he's seen all but Cyrus around from time to time. He also said that Evo's birthday is coming up and that he looks forward to participating more in the science/engineering forums now.
siddharth
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Hey everybody! I used to visit physicsforums a long while ago when I was in high school/undergrad (if anyone remembers!) and grew to love it immediately.

I have been away for a long while since then due to lots and lots of work, but things have worked out quite well so far and I'm now well on my way towards getting a PhD (studying surface science, polymers and fluid mechanics), and I know PF has definitely played a big part in that!

Just wanted to say hi again, and was wondering if any of the older members are still around? If you're reading this, hi Gokul, Astronuc (thanks for all the fluid mech discussions ;), Moonbear, Arildno, Cyrus, Zapperz!

Physics news on Phys.org
siddharth said:
Hey everybody! I used to visit physicsforums a long while ago when I was in high school/undergrad (if anyone remembers!) and grew to love it immediately.

I have been away for a long while since then due to lots and lots of work, but things have worked out quite well so far and I'm now well on my way towards getting a PhD (studying surface science, polymers and fluid mechanics), and I know PF has definitely played a big part in that!

Just wanted to say hi again, and was wondering if any of the older members are still around? If you're reading this, hi Gokul, Astronuc (thanks for all the fluid mech discussions ;), Moonbear, Arildno, Cyrus, Zapperz!

The forum search can be used to find posts by members by name.

Wow, hi siddarth!

Welcome back siddharth!

You might see all but Cyrus around from time to time.

Hi, siddharth. Welcome back.

Wow. Welcome back siddharth. Joined 11/04 one year after me.

G'day siddharth.

We're all still here.

You're just in time for Evo's birthday.

Evo is Smokin! Well not yet (literally).

Nice to hear from everyone (and happy birthday Evo!). I might be able to participate more in the science/engineering forums now, so looking forward to that

siddharth said:
Nice to hear from everyone (and happy birthday Evo!). I might be able to participate more in the science/engineering forums now, so looking forward to that
Thanks Siddarth. We'd love to see more of you around here.

siddharth said:
I might be able to participate more in the science/engineering forums now, ...
Oh Yea. Do it.

siddharth said:

Welcome back! Hope you stick around again :)

1. What is the purpose of "Welcome Back! Old Friends Reunited at Physicsforums"?

The purpose of "Welcome Back! Old Friends Reunited at Physicsforums" is to welcome back old members of the Physicsforums community and provide a platform for them to reconnect and catch up with each other.

2. Who can participate in "Welcome Back! Old Friends Reunited at Physicsforums"?

Anyone who is a member of the Physicsforums community can participate in "Welcome Back! Old Friends Reunited at Physicsforums". This includes current members as well as old members who may have been inactive for some time.

3. How can I join "Welcome Back! Old Friends Reunited at Physicsforums"?

If you are a member of the Physicsforums community, you can join "Welcome Back! Old Friends Reunited at Physicsforums" by simply logging into your account and participating in the discussions and activities. If you are an old member and no longer have an account, you can create a new one to join.

4. What can I expect from "Welcome Back! Old Friends Reunited at Physicsforums"?

"Welcome Back! Old Friends Reunited at Physicsforums" provides a platform for old members to reconnect with each other and share their thoughts, experiences, and memories. It also offers opportunities to engage in discussions, debates, and other activities related to physics and science.

5. Is there a specific time frame for "Welcome Back! Old Friends Reunited at Physicsforums"?

No, there is no specific time frame for "Welcome Back! Old Friends Reunited at Physicsforums". It is an ongoing event that welcomes back old members and encourages them to participate in the community whenever they have the time and interest to do so.