Welcome Back to PF - Catch Up On What You Missed

• Thread starter arunma
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hi
In summary, the conversation is about a user named arunma returning to a forum after receiving an automated email. They mention that they have been busy with research and successfully defended their PhD. The other users welcome them back and discuss their lives and experiences. Arunma also jokes about being a klutz and looking forward to having a real job.
arunma
Hi all, it's been awhile since I've been to PF. I just got an automated email from this place imploring me to come back, and I remembered all the good times I've had here in the past.

A lot has happened in the past couple years (or however long it's been since I was gone). I've done a lot of research in particle astro, read a lot of PhD comics, and the week before Thanksgiving I defended. But my greatest claim to fame is that I wrote over a third of my PhD dissertation in a bar; this is a feat which I'm certain improved the quality of my work.

So, what's been going on around these parts while I was holed up in my office? Any other new graduates, by chance?

Physics news on Phys.org
Hey arunma, nice to see you again! Congrats on your defense! I hope you'll be able to visit more.

Hi Evo, I'm glad you're still around! How's life these days?

arunma said:
Hi Evo, I'm glad you're still around! How's life these days?
I'm still the same old klutz, walking into walls, tripping over furniture. :redface:

Evo said:
I'm still the same old klutz, walking into walls, tripping over furniture. :redface:

…wait, people actually buy furniture?? I keep forgetting that not everyone is an impoverished grad student. Now I really can't wait to have a Real Job(™) next month!

Welcome back arunma!

1. What is "Welcome Back to PF - Catch Up On What You Missed"?

"Welcome Back to PF - Catch Up On What You Missed" is a program designed to help people who have been away from the Physics Forums community catch up on any important discussions, updates, and events they may have missed.

2. Who can participate in "Welcome Back to PF - Catch Up On What You Missed"?

Anyone who has been away from the Physics Forums community for a period of time and wants to catch up on what they missed is welcome to participate in this program. This includes both new and returning members.

3. How does "Welcome Back to PF - Catch Up On What You Missed" work?

Once a person signs up for the program, they will receive a personalized list of important discussions, updates, and events that occurred during their time away from the community. They can then browse through this list and catch up on any topics that interest them.

4. How long is the "Welcome Back to PF - Catch Up On What You Missed" program available?

The program is available for a limited time and will vary depending on the length of a person's absence from the community. However, the program is typically available for a few weeks to allow participants enough time to catch up on what they missed.

5. Is there a cost to participate in "Welcome Back to PF - Catch Up On What You Missed"?

No, there is no cost to participate in this program. It is a free service provided by the Physics Forums community to help members catch up on important discussions and updates they may have missed during their absence.