Welcome Matthew! 14 Yr Old Theor. Physicist w/ Asperger's

In summary: Megalodon. :eek: Oh dear, I don't know that any have existed for millions of years. I will use one of the sardines I have here.In summary, blokpoi, also known as Matthew, is a 14-year-old theoretical physicist who joined the forum due to his love for physics. He has Asperger's Syndrome and enjoys calculus, specifically differential calculus. He is undecided about his favorite physicist, but it is between Feynman, Einstein, and Newton. Matthew hopes to have an enjoyable stay at the forum.
blokpoi
Hi everybody,

I am blokpoi, but you may call me Matthew if you wish. I just found out about these forums and I figured I should join them because of my love for physics!

A little about me:
- I am a 14 year old theoretical physicist
- I have Asperger's Syndrome
- My favorite kind of math is calculus, more specifically, differential calculus.
- My favorite physicist is either Feynman or Einstien, or Newton I can't really decide between the 3. :P

That is just a little about me, I hope to enjoy my stay here!

Thank you for reading,
Matthew

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, Matthew. You will definitely enjoy it here. :smile:

Just curious though, what's your favorite fish? :biggrin:

blokpoi said:
Hi everybody,

I am blokpoi, but you may call me Matthew if you wish. I just found out about these forums and I figured I should join them because of my love for physics!

A little about me:
- I am a 14 year old theoretical physicist
That's great, being 14, I would suggest that you read a lot and ask questions after you have done some research. :smile:

Hiya mate! You are going to LOVE it here.
And as Evo says ask a lot and soon you will start answering a lot yourself too.
Greetings and regards,
Mr.E

Gad said:
Welcome to PF, Matthew. You will definitely enjoy it here. :smile:

Just curious though, what's your favorite fish? :biggrin:

Megalodon.

Evo said:
That's great, being 14, I would suggest that you read a lot and ask questions after you have done some research. :smile:

I will do that! Thank you!

blokpoi said:
Megalodon.

Hold on.. *goes google Megalodon*

Edit: :bugeye: But.. How... *hands the task to Evo*

Gad said:
Hold on.. *goes google Megalodon*

Edit: :bugeye: But.. How... *hands the task to Evo*
Here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8NjxX1BeH4

blokpoi said:
Megalodon.
:eek: Oh dear, I don't know that any have existed for millions of years. I will use one of the sardines I have here.

THWIP...thwip, ooops. Sorry the sauce splattered (must remember to fish slap new members with plain fish).

You have now been officially fish slapped and initiated into the forum!

What is the significance of Matthew being a 14-year-old theoretical physicist with Asperger's?

The significance lies in the fact that Matthew is defying societal expectations and stereotypes by excelling in a highly complex field at a young age, while also being diagnosed with Asperger's, a form of autism that is often associated with difficulties in social interactions. This challenges the notion that people with autism are limited in their abilities and showcases the potential and talent of individuals with neurodiversity.

How does Matthew's diagnosis of Asperger's affect his work as a theoretical physicist?

While Asperger's can present challenges in social interactions and communication, it also often comes with strengths such as intense focus, attention to detail, and a unique perspective. These traits can be beneficial in the field of theoretical physics, where complex problem-solving and creative thinking are necessary. Additionally, Matthew's diagnosis may also allow him to approach problems in a unique way and make groundbreaking discoveries.

What inspired Matthew to become a theoretical physicist?

Matthew has stated that he has always been fascinated by the universe and its mysteries. He was drawn to theoretical physics because it allows him to explore and understand the fundamental laws and principles that govern our universe. Additionally, his diagnosis of Asperger's may have played a role in his intense focus and interest in a specific subject.

What challenges has Matthew faced as a young theoretical physicist with Asperger's?

Matthew has faced challenges in the form of social interactions and communication, which can be difficult for individuals with Asperger's. He may also have faced challenges in finding support and resources that cater to his unique needs as a young scientist with a neurodiversity. However, he has also received a lot of support and recognition for his achievements, which has helped him overcome these challenges.

What message does Matthew's story convey to others?

Matthew's story conveys a powerful message about the potential and talent of individuals with neurodiversity. It challenges stereotypes and highlights the importance of creating an inclusive and supportive environment for individuals with disabilities to thrive in their chosen fields. It also serves as an inspiration to young people who may feel limited by societal expectations and encourages them to pursue their passions and talents regardless of any challenges they may face.