What am I missing? Don't say a word, Evo.

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Evo
In summary, the conversation was discussing the use of stool softener and its potential alternative uses beyond just softening stool. Some suggestions were made, such as using it for ear wax removal or for treating eating disorders, but it was also noted that stool softener is not a laxative and should not be used as such. The hosts on TMZ were also criticized for making jokes about a celebrity possibly having an eating disorder.
tribdog
I'm not asking for a list of things I'm missing. I have something specific in mind this time.
I was watching TMZ and they had some picture of a star coming out of a store and you could see a package of stool softener in her bag. they all said "hee hee, we know what that's for" Then once I saw a picture of someone else (B. Spears) buying about 10 boxes of it. What am I missing? What is the secret use of stool softener that I don't know about? I thought it was used for softening stool.

Physics news on Phys.org
I found this on the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stool_softener"

Eating disorders
Laxatives are often used by people with an eating disorder. In many cases of bulimia nervosa the patient will abuse laxatives in an attempt to purge themselves of food in the intestines before it becomes digested. Frequently, patients with eating disorders had chronic digestive problems in childhood and found laxatives an effective treatment. The laxative use later may substitute of more appropriate treatment such as a better diet. Treatment of patients with eating disorders and gastrointestinal illnesses can be challenging.

Could that be it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly what NeoDevin suggested...Can't think of much else...wait...no, not getting into that one.

tribdog said:
What is the secret use of stool softener that I don't know about? I thought it was used for softening stool.

A stool softener like Colace is also appropriate for ear wax softening and removal by flushing after break-up. But that only takes a couple of drops an ear. Not 10 bottles.

I also think that the hosts were trying to imply that the celebrity was bulimic. Not something to be joking about, if you ask me, but still..

binzing said:
Can't think of much else...wait...no, not getting into that one.
binzing, you are waaay too young to know about that!

Evo said:
binzing, you are waaay too young to know about that!

Boys will be boys...

Lolz...ha ha...and you know I'm thinking of this particular use how?

Stool softener is not a laxative. It is uhh ... a stool softener. It is mostly mineral oil.

What do you mean by "What am I missing?"

When someone asks "What am I missing?", they are usually wondering if there is something important or significant that they are not aware of or have overlooked.

Why did you say "Don't say a word, Evo."?

As a scientist, I am trained to remain objective and not reveal my thoughts or assumptions. By saying "Don't say a word, Evo.", I am reminding myself to not influence the situation with my own biases.

What kind of information might I be missing?

The information that you might be missing could vary greatly depending on the context. It could be a piece of data, a new discovery, a different perspective, or even a small detail that could change your understanding of a situation.

How can I find out what I am missing?

The best way to find out what you are missing is to be open-minded and ask questions. Seek out different sources of information, gather evidence, and consider different viewpoints. Collaborating with others and engaging in discussions can also help you uncover what you may have missed.

Is it important to know what I am missing?

Yes, it can be extremely important to know what you are missing. Missing information can hinder progress and lead to incorrect conclusions. By identifying and addressing what you are missing, you can improve your understanding and make more informed decisions.