What are P03 procedures or guidelines?

• I
  • Thread starter Old Person
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cosmology
Old Person
TL;DR Summary
A paper refers to P03 as if it is a well known set of procedures or guidelines. It gives no reference to any literature for P03. What is it?
Hi.

I'm not sure if this should be in Cosmology or Astronomy - a moderator can feel free to move it if required. Also the prefix (study level) may be an I or an A, you can change that, just thought I'd get a bigger audience with an I. I'm trying to read this paper:

"The Inner Structure ofΛCDM Halos III: Universality andAsymptotic Slopes", by Navarro et.al. , 2018
Available on Arxiv here:
https://arxiv.org/abs/astro-ph/0311231

Background: It's about determining a profile (a distribution) for the Dark Matter halo in galaxies.

In section 2 they write:

The numerical set up of our simulations follows closely the procedure described by P03, where the interested reader may find a thorough discussion of our initial conditions generating scheme, the choice of N-body codes and integrators,as well as the criteria adopted to optimize the choice of the numerical parameters of the simulations. For completeness, we include here a brief discussion of the main numerical issues, but refer the reader to P03 for a more detailed discussion.

They refer to PO3 in a few other places. I've looked through the references at the end, PO3 doesn't seem to be mentioned. Does anyone know what PO3 is? Can I get a reference to some literature about PO3?

Minor note: P03 seems to have a zero not a letter O: (letter P) - (number zero) - (number three).
One guess is that P03 was some marker they were going to update with a reference in a final version of the paper but it hasn't happened in the Arxiv version. However, maybe someone working in the area might know what P03 is.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Space news on Phys.org
Old Person said:
Does anyone know what PO3 is?
Look in the paragraph just after equation (2) in section 1 (it's in the left column of page 2, just opposite the paragraph you mention that references P03).

Likes Old Person
Found it, thanks. I'm an idiot.

Old Person said:
Found it, thanks. I'm an idiot.
Technically, that is a code ID.10.T.

You're welcome.

1. What are P03 procedures or guidelines?

P03 procedures or guidelines refer to a set of standardized protocols or rules that are followed in a specific scientific field or research area. These guidelines help ensure consistency, accuracy, and ethical conduct in research activities.

2. Why are P03 procedures or guidelines important?

P03 procedures or guidelines are important because they help maintain the integrity of research results, protect the rights of participants, and ensure the safety of researchers. Following these guidelines also helps in replicating and verifying research findings.

3. How are P03 procedures or guidelines developed?

P03 procedures or guidelines are typically developed by experts in the field through a process of review, discussion, and consensus-building. These guidelines are often based on established best practices, ethical principles, and regulatory requirements.

4. Who enforces compliance with P03 procedures or guidelines?

Compliance with P03 procedures or guidelines is typically enforced by regulatory bodies, institutional review boards, or funding agencies. Researchers are expected to adhere to these guidelines to ensure the validity and reliability of their research.

5. Are there consequences for not following P03 procedures or guidelines?

Yes, there can be consequences for not following P03 procedures or guidelines, including loss of funding, rejection of research findings, damage to reputation, and legal implications. It is important for researchers to take these guidelines seriously and prioritize ethical conduct in their work.