What are some potential applications of Mathematica in solving physics problems?

Mark Harder
Just joined. I've been slowly working my way through Susskind's Theoretical Minimum books, so I'll be looking for discussions of those and his lectures on the same topics.

I have a lot of scientific interests, including fundamental physics, mathematical biology, economic geology, electronics & geophysical prospecting, mathematics & Mathematica. I'm a ret'd biophysical chemist, but there's little there for me now except maybe molecular dynamics applied to biological macromolecules..

I probably will look at the homework requests now and then. I find that solving these and providing hints to solution seekers can be educational, and a good refresher.

As I mentioned, I'm interested in Mathematica. I've used it professionally but there's a lot more to it than I understand yet. If I find discussions here that are relevant to using MMA to do physics problems, I'll take part.

I've been toying with the idea of developing a citizen science program here in Corvallis, OR. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF Mark!