What are the prerequisites for SAT subject tests and ACT without writing?

In summary, the speaker is looking for guidance on which prerequisite knowledge is needed for the SAT subject tests in physics, math level I and level II, and the ACT test. They are not following a high school curriculum and are studying on their own. They asked for help finding a syllabus and someone provided a link to a page with a detailed list of topics for the SAT physics test. The speaker expresses gratitude and notes that they have now found the information for all SAT subject tests.
Maddie1609
Hi, I don't know if this is the best place to post thia, but I'll give it a try :-)

I'm taking the SAT subject tests physics, math level I and level II, and the ACT test thia coming year. As I'm not following a high school curriculum, and am merely studying on my own, I really have no idea of which prerequisite knowledge I need to have in order to get the best possible grade. I tried finding a syllabus for at least one of the tests, without any luck. So if anyone has a link or an idea of what I need to know, I would immensely appreciate it.

PS. It is ACT w/o writing

Physics news on Phys.org
jtbell said:
For the SAT physics test, have you seen this page?

http://sat.collegeboard.org/practice/sat-subject-test-preparation/physics

In the "Getting Ready for the Test" section, click on the "Topics on the Test" link and you'll get a detailed list of topics.

Thank you so much! I found it for all the SAT subject tests now :-)

1. What are SAT subject tests and ACT?

SAT subject tests and ACT are standardized tests used by colleges and universities in the United States as part of their admissions process. These tests measure a student's knowledge and skills in specific subject areas such as math, science, English, and history.

2. What is the difference between SAT subject tests and ACT?

The main difference between SAT subject tests and ACT is the content and format of the tests. SAT subject tests focus on specific subject areas, while ACT covers a broader range of subjects. SAT subject tests are multiple-choice tests, while ACT includes multiple-choice questions as well as a writing section. Additionally, ACT also has a science section, which is not included in SAT subject tests.

3. How many SAT subject tests and ACT should I take?

It is recommended to take at least two SAT subject tests and one ACT. However, the number of tests you should take depends on the requirements of the colleges you are applying to. Some colleges may require or recommend specific subject tests, while others may not require any at all. It is important to research the requirements of the colleges you are interested in to determine the number of tests you should take.

4. When should I take SAT subject tests and ACT?

SAT subject tests and ACT are offered multiple times throughout the year. It is recommended to take these tests in the spring of your junior year or the fall of your senior year. This allows you to have ample time to retake the tests if needed before college application deadlines.

5. How do SAT subject tests and ACT impact college admissions?

SAT subject tests and ACT are just one part of the college admissions process. Colleges consider a variety of factors such as GPA, extracurricular activities, essays, and letters of recommendation. However, strong scores on these tests can demonstrate your academic abilities and potentially strengthen your college application.