What Are the Steps to Calculate Vc, Vb, and Ve in a Transistor Circuit?

• Thread starter dawsonss
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Transistor
This conversation is about solving a transistor problem and the language barrier between the person asking for help and the person trying to assist. The question is regarding the values for Vc, Vb, and Ve in a circuit involving a transistor. The helper suggests splitting the voltage divider into two sources and flipping the picture to make it easier to understand. The helper has also calculated the quiescent point and assures that it should be correct. In summary, the conversation is about a transistor problem and the helper has provided some suggestions and calculations to assist with finding the values for Vc, Vb, and Ve.
dawsonss
transistor problem, helpp!

[PLAIN]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/270474_2182563849439_1407242959_2536426_5250645_n.jpg

how to answerr? thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org

Im sorry but 90% that no one here understands that language. And please make a CLEAR statement what is the problem. I cannot conclude from the picture what's going on, and even if I could, you still should have typed in the problem.

Its the least you can do if you are already asking for help, giving a clear statement what seems to be a problem.

sorry language problems, edited my questions..

http://www.hizliupload.com/img/81836689442763213204.jpg

I calculated the quiescent point for your transistor. It should be ok, my simulations confirmed this somewhat.

In first 2 steps what I did is I split the voltage divider into 2 sources powering transistor on their own. This doesn't change anything in problem.

Also I flipped the picture. So emitter is bottom now.

You are asking Vc, Vb, Ve. I think you should have this basic knowledge of figuring out these parameters from these results.

bass

Attachments

• scan0001.pdf
    398.1 KB · Views: 177

Related to What Are the Steps to Calculate Vc, Vb, and Ve in a Transistor Circuit?

1. What is a transistor?

A transistor is a semiconductor device that is used to amplify or switch electronic signals. It is a fundamental building block of modern electronic devices such as computers, radios, and smartphones.

2. What is the most common problem with transistors?

The most common problem with transistors is overheating. This can be caused by excessive current, poor heat dissipation, or a faulty design. Overheating can lead to malfunction or failure of the transistor.

3. How can I troubleshoot a transistor problem?

The first step in troubleshooting a transistor problem is to check for any visible damage or signs of overheating. Then, use a multimeter to test the transistor's functionality and connections. If the transistor is not functioning properly, it may need to be replaced.

4. Can a transistor be repaired?

In most cases, transistors cannot be repaired and must be replaced if they are not functioning properly. However, some minor issues such as loose connections or a damaged casing can be fixed. It is best to consult a professional or refer to the manufacturer's guidelines for specific repair instructions.

5. How do I choose the right transistor for my project?

The type of transistor you need will depend on the specific requirements of your project, such as voltage, current, and frequency. It is important to consult the datasheet of the transistor to ensure it meets the necessary specifications. Additionally, consider factors such as cost, availability, and reliability when choosing a transistor.