What Are the World's Biggest Problems Besides COVID?

• Thread starter nduka-san
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the world's biggest problems aside from Covid, with overpopulation being a major issue that leads to several other significant problems such as starvation, pollution, and under-education. Social media is also identified as a major threat due to its ability to spread conspiracy theories quickly and influence people's beliefs and actions. One participant mentions the controversial act of digging up and eating dead cats as their top concern. The conversation is then closed due to the potential violation of forum rules.
nduka-san
What do you think are the world's biggest problems aside from covid.

Physics news on Phys.org
nduka-san said:
What do you think are the world's biggest problems aside from covid.
Overpopulation of Earth by humans.
Many other significant world problems stem from the number of humans using limited resources.

Last edited:
Likes Wrichik Basu and davenn
when you're washing your hands but you get water on your sleeves 😪

• Haha
  • Wow
Likes jedishrfu, BillTre, davenn and 2 others
Teenagers (i am 18, so i incluse myself hah)

• Haha
Likes jedishrfu, BillTre, Keith_McClary and 1 other person
Having a pebble in your shoe and you're not in a place where you can stop and take your shoe off.

Likes Wrichik Basu, jedishrfu, russ_watters and 5 others
Ask me six days from now.

• Haha
Likes jedishrfu and BillTre
CoVid doesn't make my top ten list. In no particular order, and there are probably others I didn't think of:

Starvation/malnutrition
Tyranny/Oppression
Pollution
Drought
CO2 rise
Crime
Under-education
Religious intolerance
Discrimination/Racism
Weapons of Mass Destruction

Many of these could be subsumed under more general descriptions like "overpopulation"

Likes Buzz Bloom, BillTre, Klystron and 1 other person
tik tok

Likes LCSphysicist and jedishrfu
Social media is a big threat. It allows conspiracy nonsense to spread many times faster than real news And infect many more people than before the advent of social media.

which in and of itself isn’t as bad as the people believing and acting on the nonsense like it was true.

Likes Buzz Bloom
I was hoping to prevent this thread from going into banned or restricted topics, but we can't so, thread closed.

1. What are the biggest environmental problems facing the world besides COVID?

Some of the biggest environmental problems facing the world include climate change, pollution, loss of biodiversity, deforestation, and water scarcity.

2. How is poverty a major problem in the world?

Poverty is a major problem in the world because it affects a significant portion of the global population, leading to lack of access to basic needs such as food, shelter, and healthcare. It also perpetuates cycles of inequality and prevents individuals from reaching their full potential.

3. What are the biggest economic problems facing the world besides COVID?

Some of the biggest economic problems facing the world include income inequality, unemployment, debt and financial crises, and lack of access to education and healthcare for disadvantaged populations.

4. How does conflict affect the world's biggest problems?

Conflict can exacerbate many of the world's biggest problems, such as poverty, inequality, and environmental issues. It can also lead to displacement and refugee crises, further exacerbating these issues.

5. How can we address the world's biggest problems besides COVID?

Some ways to address the world's biggest problems include implementing sustainable and effective policies, promoting education and awareness, supporting humanitarian efforts, and working towards social and economic justice. Collaboration and cooperation between governments, organizations, and individuals are crucial in finding solutions to these problems.