What are you going to do with your tax rebate check?

• Thread starter gravenewworld
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Taxes
In summary, the author is spending their $600 check on items such as food, gas, and a new laptop for their child. They are also planning to use some of the money to pay back some of their previous economic stimulus.
gravenewworld
Got my $600 Bush "economic stimulus" check yesterday. Spent it already on paying off my credit card. The rest is going to be used to buy gas and food. What are you buying with yours?

Physics news on Phys.org
It's going toward a new laptop for the Evo Child.

I'm not even sure if I'm getting one, but if I do, it's going straight in the bank. :biggrin: I'll spend it next year when the real estate market really is really tanked and I buy a house (I contemplated it this summer, but I need to be sure I can transfer departments for a more permanent position before I buy a house, so have to renew my lease one more year).

part of it I will use to pay off some of the previous economic stimulating I've been doing. The remainder will be used to do some more stimulating in the form of some much needed items and tools to refurbish my mountain bike.

pay my city taxes! :biggrin: :yuck:

split it between the kids college funds...or a new hot water tank, whichever the spouse has in mind is more important.

I still have to pay for the classes I took this year, so I guess mine is already spent.

Travel and party!

One of my sons graduates in May (travel) and is getting married in June (rehearsal dinner). The $1200 check is just a down payment on these expenses.

Gonna buy Chinese Food.

Just going to save. Never know when might need it.

Every bit of it will go toward paying back my undergraduate student loans.

*sigh expensive colleges*

Nice dinner, maybe strip club... who knows. It'll be spontaneous.

Im going to buy a camel.

Bank it.

I won't get one.
I don't live in the USA.
If I did I guess I would fill my SUV up.

Saving it to use for any surprises that may pop up.

jimmysnyder said:
Bank it.

You sure the banks are safe :wink:

Part will be used on a local vacation, and the rest saved for a rainy day.

1. What is a tax rebate check?

A tax rebate check is a refund from the government for overpaid taxes. It is typically given out to individuals or households who have paid more in taxes than they owe.

2. How much will the tax rebate check be?

The amount of the tax rebate check varies depending on individual circumstances such as income, filing status, and number of dependents. The maximum amount for individuals is $1,200 and for married couples filing jointly it is $2,400.

3. When will I receive my tax rebate check?

The timing of the tax rebate check depends on when you filed your taxes and how you chose to receive your refund. If you filed electronically and chose direct deposit, you can expect to receive your rebate check within a few weeks. If you filed a paper return, it may take longer, up to several months.

4. Do I have to pay taxes on my tax rebate check?

No, the tax rebate check is considered a refund and is not subject to additional taxes. However, if you received an advance payment of the tax credit in 2020, you may need to report it on your tax return and it could affect your tax liability.

5. Can I use my tax rebate check for anything I want?

Yes, you can use your tax rebate check for any expenses or purchases you choose. However, it is recommended to use it for essential expenses such as bills, groceries, or savings. You may also consider using it to pay off debts or invest in your future.