What Caused the Sinking of the Titanic?

In summary, the conversation discusses a post about the Titanic being considered a conspiracy theory and the lack of evidence for the hypothesis. It is suggested that a discussion on how and why the Titanic sank would be appropriate, but it must begin with basic research and cannot include the word "torpedo".
hagopbul
Hello :

I apologise for my last post about the titanic , I didn't think it will be considered conspiracy theory , although I see it as a good science post

Best regards
Hagop

Physics news on Phys.org
For the record:
https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/how-to-use-physics-to-prove-historical-events.1051844/

There is no need to apologize. However, your hypothesis lacks basically any evidence:

1912(!), 5(!) flooded sections, documented icebergs unusually far south, binoculars not available, radio occupied, and so on and so on. Everything speaks for an iceberg and I haven't even dug deep! You could at least have tried to find the construction plans.

But before this becomes a discussion about the Titanic through the backdoor, I will close this here, too.

Likes pinball1970, hagopbul and russ_watters
Note, a discussion on how/why the titanic sank would be fine (it's a fascinating subject), but it needs to start with some basic research and can't include the word "torpedo".

...and it would probably best fit in an engineering section (maybe even materials engineering...)

Likes SammyS, pinball1970, hagopbul and 2 others