What is hydrogen boron fusion

In summary, there is a new trend in fusion science called HB-11 fusion, which involves using pulsed lasers to initiate the fusion reaction between hydrogen and boron-11. This method has potential for energy production, but the necessary conditions for fusion to occur are still unclear. There is also a concept called laser induced magnetic confinement, and the project plans to use a magnetic field of kilo Tesla level. There are questions about the concept of avalanche fusion and accelerating subatomic particles with a laser pulse.
hagopbul
TL;DR Summary
Read an article about this fusion trend but there is something I can't understand
Hello All:

Read an article about new trend in fusion science about hydrogen-boron 11 fusion

Called HB-11 fusion and a start up are doing a research on it using pulsed laser

What I don't understand how it is considered a possible new method for energy production when we know hydrogen and boron needs more energy to create fusion ?

Some concepts is not clear for me like laser induced magnetic confinement

The kilo Tesla ! Magnetic field !

The reaction avalanche of the fusion !

best
hagop

Physics news on Phys.org
It needs to be hotter to happen, but the reaction H + B-11 -> 3*He-4 releases a lot of energy. In principle it might be used if suitable conditions to start the fusion reaction can be reached.
I don't understand the other questions, if they are questions.

Likes hagopbul
I was asking about a concept introduced in hb-11 project

Laser induced magnetic confinement

They are also going to use a magnetic field of kilo Tesla level how they can create that field

What about :

1 avalanche fusion did anyone could explain that ?

2 they are accelerating H with laser , I heard about accelerating atoms but didn't read about accelerating subatomic particles with a laser pulse that is not in gamma ray region ?

What is hydrogen boron fusion?

Hydrogen boron fusion is a type of nuclear fusion reaction that involves the fusion of hydrogen and boron nuclei to form a heavier helium nucleus. This reaction releases a large amount of energy in the form of heat and light.

How does hydrogen boron fusion occur?

Hydrogen boron fusion occurs when two hydrogen nuclei (protons) fuse together to form a deuterium nucleus, which then fuses with a boron-11 nucleus to form a helium-4 nucleus. This reaction requires extremely high temperatures and pressures, similar to those found in the core of the sun.

What is the difference between hydrogen boron fusion and other types of fusion?

Hydrogen boron fusion is different from other types of fusion, such as hydrogen-hydrogen fusion, because it does not produce any neutrons. This means that it does not produce any harmful radiation and is considered a cleaner and safer form of nuclear fusion.

What are the potential applications of hydrogen boron fusion?

Hydrogen boron fusion has the potential to be a source of clean and sustainable energy. It could also be used in medical applications, such as cancer treatment, and in space propulsion systems.

What are the challenges of achieving hydrogen boron fusion?

One of the main challenges of achieving hydrogen boron fusion is the extremely high temperatures and pressures required for the reaction to occur. Another challenge is finding a way to sustain the reaction and control the release of energy. Currently, scientists are working on developing advanced technologies and techniques to overcome these challenges.