What changes does human body exert when it enters a room ?

In summary, the conversation discusses the need for sensors in a home automation model to detect changes in the environment caused by human presence. The use of cameras and various types of sensors, such as those for sound, subsonic vibration, and radar, are suggested. The economic feasibility of using these sensors is also mentioned. The conversation also touches upon the idea of using sensors to detect human presence, with potential options such as PIR sensors and pressure-sensitive floor mats mentioned.
Sourav Jaiswal
I am making home automation model and I have few sensors installed to sense some changes in the environment to detect any changes. So these sensors provide me data , but I want to know what changes does Human body exerts on the environment it enters, so that I can install those sensors which capture these changes.

Physics news on Phys.org
You obviously need cameras, and at least one should be able to register infra red since that will still be be visible even when there is no ambient light.
Sensors for detecting sound and also subsonic vibration would help.
There are quite a lot of other possible sensors, you could use some kind of radar for one, but I doubt that would be justifiable economically for most real-life practical systems.

Last edited:
Welcome to PF.

Beyond dissipating about 70w and generating some CO2, not much.

Do you want to capture the changes that humans create or just detect humans in the room?

If it's the latter then I've found some types of PIR sensors to be very reliable (eg The Quad series of sensors from Visonic). Some alarm systems use pressure sensitive floor mats to detect people.

1. What physiological changes occur when a human body enters a room?

When a human body enters a room, there are several physiological changes that occur. These include changes in body temperature, heart rate, and respiration rate. The body may also release hormones and neurotransmitters in response to the new environment.

2. How does the human body adjust to a new room?

The human body adjusts to a new room by regulating its internal temperature, heart rate, and respiration rate. It may also release hormones and neurotransmitters to adapt to the new environment. Additionally, the body may use sensory information to orient itself and make any necessary adjustments to maintain balance and stability.

3. Can the human body experience stress when entering a new room?

Yes, the human body can experience stress when entering a new room. This can be due to factors such as changes in lighting, temperature, or air quality. The body may respond with an increase in heart rate and respiration rate, as well as the release of stress hormones like cortisol.

4. How do different environments affect the human body upon entering a room?

Different environments can have varying effects on the human body when entering a room. For example, a cold room may cause the body to shiver and constrict blood vessels to conserve heat, while a warm room may cause the body to sweat and dilate blood vessels to release heat. The body may also respond differently to environments with different levels of noise, lighting, and air quality.

5. Can the human body become accustomed to a new room over time?

Yes, the human body can become accustomed to a new room over time. This is known as sensory adaptation, where the body adjusts and becomes less sensitive to constant stimuli. For example, the body may become less responsive to the temperature, lighting, and noise in a room after spending extended periods of time in it.