What consequences could arise from relying on hydrogen power?

In summary, relying on hydrogen power as a primary energy source could have significant consequences. While hydrogen is a clean and renewable resource, its production and storage methods are still relatively expensive and inefficient. Additionally, the widespread adoption of hydrogen power would require significant infrastructure changes and could potentially lead to higher electricity costs for consumers. Furthermore, there are safety concerns surrounding the handling and transportation of hydrogen, as it is a highly flammable gas. Finally, relying too heavily on hydrogen power could also limit innovation and investment in other renewable energy sources. Overall, while hydrogen power has potential, careful consideration and planning are necessary to mitigate potential consequences.
Originally posted by chroot
Um. Right. Anti-gravity machines. I should have seen this coming with this thread...

Really this claim goes back to the Germans and the Hydrogen Anti-Gravity system. One was called the Hindenberg.

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by SailboatMD Ta ta Zoo... and all other abrasive posters.
So hoist up the John B. sails
See how the mainsail sets
Call for the captain ashore to let me go home.
I want to go home.
Why don't you let me go home?
This is the worst trip
I've ever been on.

-Sloop John B.
Beach Boys

Originally posted by chroot
Um. Right. Anti-gravity machines. I should have seen this coming with this thread...
I have an anti-gravity device: Its rubber and is filled with a special gas which counters the force of gravity.

Think I should patent it?

Originally posted by russ_watters
I have an anti-gravity device: Its rubber and is filled with a special gas which counters the force of gravity.
Ah, the old condom-full-of-hydrogen trick, eh?

- Warren