What does input and output signals mean?

In summary, wave-like behavior is exhibited by signals when they are graphed. Resistors do not have wave-like behavior, while DC batteries do.
AchillesWrathfulLove
What does input and output signals mean in terms of circuitry. Is it the current, the voltage, resistance? Also people usually show graphs for AC as Sinusoidal waves or sometimes they show square-waves etc. What are these signals referring to, and what does it mean for signals to have wave like behavior when graphed. Does DC Battery have a wave? Does resistors have a wave? Do all electrical components have wave?

I am assuming here that wave and signals somehow relate... but I don't know how.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Achilles, as I have told you in other threads, you really need to study the basics of circuits in a systematic way. This scattershot approach of asking semi-random questions on an internet forum is not really going to get you far.

I don't care what you think. This is what the internet is for, I can ask anything I want. If you have nothing helpful to to write down then don't answer. No offence.

AchillesWrathfulLove said:
I don't care what you think. This is what the internet is for, I can ask anything I want. If you have nothing helpful to to write down then don't answer. No offence.

To be clear while you can ask the internet anything you want that really applies to google and other search engines but not in a moderated forum like PF. We want to help folks with their questions when we can but when they don’t even try to lookup the answers beforehand then we feel less likely to help them. Your post above will discourage others from answering because they will fear you saying the same thing to them.

For that reason, I am closing this thread for moderation... and hope you will reconsider your comment. We are all volunteers here and we really try to help those who need help but not always those who demand help.

Likes anorlunda, davenn and Tom.G
With OP being temporarily banned thread is locked forever.

Likes jedishrfu and davenn

What is the definition of input and output signals?

Input and output signals refer to the flow of information between electronic devices or systems. Input signals are received by a device or system, while output signals are sent from a device or system.

What are some examples of input and output signals?

Some examples of input signals include keyboard strokes, mouse clicks, and voice commands. Output signals can include sound, images, or text displayed on a screen.

How do input and output signals work together?

Input and output signals work together in a cyclical process. Input signals are received by a device, processed, and then output signals are sent based on the input. This process can continue in a loop as new input signals are received.

What is the significance of input and output signals in electronics?

Input and output signals are crucial in electronics as they allow for communication and control between devices and systems. They enable devices to receive and process information, and then respond accordingly.

How can input and output signals be manipulated or controlled?

Input and output signals can be manipulated or controlled through various methods, including programming, hardware design, and signal processing techniques. These methods can alter the flow of information and modify the output signals based on the input received.