What exactly qualifies as HW/Coursework thread?

• Thread starter sungholee
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, when studying for an exam, any topics or questions related to schoolwork should be posted in the "main" forums for better help. Questions that do not fall under schoolwork can be posted in other sections or by browsing the forums for similar discussions.
sungholee
If I were to be studying for an exam and came across things I didn't understand, does that also qualify as coursework? If so, what topics should be posted in the "main" forums?

Physics news on Phys.org
sungholee said:
If I were to be studying for an exam and came across things I didn't understand, does that also qualify as coursework? If so, what topics should be posted in the "main" forums?
Anything that is related to schoolwork, or could be considered schoolwork should go in the homework section as they will receive better help.

Then what kind of questions should be posted in the other sections?

Why don't you browse forums to see what kinds of things are discussed in each subforum?

You know, observation is part of a scientific method.

Likes Vanadium 50

Related to What exactly qualifies as HW/Coursework thread?

1. What is the difference between homework and coursework?

Homework refers to assignments or tasks given to students to complete outside of class, while coursework is a broader term that encompasses all academic work and assessments done throughout a course.

2. How is HW/Coursework thread different from a regular discussion thread?

A HW/Coursework thread is specifically designated for discussing and clarifying topics related to homework or coursework, while a regular discussion thread can cover a wider range of topics and discussions.

3. Can I ask for help with my specific homework or coursework in the thread?

Yes, you can ask for help and clarification on specific homework or coursework tasks in the thread, but make sure to follow any guidelines or rules set by your professor or institution.

4. Is it appropriate to share completed homework or coursework in the thread?

No, it is not appropriate to share completed assignments in the HW/Coursework thread. This thread is meant for discussing concepts and asking for help, not for sharing completed work.

5. Are there any rules or guidelines for posting in the HW/Coursework thread?

Yes, make sure to follow any rules or guidelines set by your professor or institution for the HW/Coursework thread. Also, be respectful and avoid sharing personal information or cheating in any form.