What happens when engineers own dogs

• Thread starter tiny-tim
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Dogs
In summary, when engineers own dogs, their pets display human-like behaviors, such as waiting for a ball to be picked up again and giving irresistible puppy dog eyes. A photo and video were shared on Facebook depicting this amusing scenario.
Physics news on Phys.org
Yeah, I've seen that before but it's still hilarious.

tiny-tim said:
what happens when engineers own dogs :wink:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150482841852179

My daughter (and me) could have used one of those. After an hour of ball play and it's time to stop, her dog would lay the ball down (edit: in my lap in this photo) and look at it for 20 to 30 minutes waiting for you to pick it up again.

http://imageshack.us/a/img6/2400/baue.jpg

Occasionally looking up with these eyes.

http://imageshack.us/a/img5/8442/baue2.jpg

Who could resist?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. That dog's eyes resemble ones of a human's.

&set=vb.175332205327&type=3&theater

I am not qualified to make assumptions about the behavior of engineers or their pets. However, I can provide some general information about the potential outcomes when any person owns a dog.

Firstly, owning a dog can have numerous positive effects on the owner's physical and mental health. Studies have shown that dog owners tend to have lower blood pressure, decreased stress levels, and increased physical activity compared to non-dog owners. This is because dogs provide companionship, encourage regular exercise, and can be a source of comfort and support.

In terms of the behavior of engineers specifically, it is likely that they would approach dog ownership in a logical and systematic manner. They may research different breeds and their characteristics, as well as the responsibilities and costs associated with owning a dog. Engineers may also be more likely to train their dogs using positive reinforcement techniques and may enjoy the challenge of teaching their pet new tricks.

On the other hand, engineers may also be busy with their work and may struggle to find time to properly care for a dog. This could lead to behavioral problems in the dog, such as destructive behavior or excessive barking, if the dog is not given enough attention and exercise.

Overall, the outcome of engineers owning dogs would depend on the individual's personality and lifestyle. But with proper care and attention, owning a dog can be a rewarding and enjoyable experience for anyone, including engineers.

What is the connection between engineers and dog ownership?

There is no inherent connection between engineers and dog ownership. Many engineers choose to own dogs as pets, just like people in other professions.

Do engineers make good dog owners?

There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on the individual engineer and their ability to care for a dog. However, engineers are typically detail-oriented and good problem solvers, which can be beneficial when it comes to caring for a pet.

How do engineers approach training their dogs?

Engineers may approach dog training in a methodical and structured way, using their problem-solving skills to find the most effective and efficient methods for their specific dog. However, each engineer may have their own unique approach to training.

What types of dogs do engineers typically own?

There is no specific type of dog that engineers are known to own. They may choose a breed based on their lifestyle and living situation, or they may adopt a rescue dog. Ultimately, the type of dog an engineer owns is a personal choice.

Are there any benefits to an engineer owning a dog?

Owning a dog can have many benefits for anyone, including engineers. Dogs can provide companionship, stress relief, and can even improve physical and mental health. Additionally, engineers may enjoy the problem-solving aspect of training and caring for a dog.