What is the best degree for a career in quantum computing?

• Thread starter Maxwell
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Choice
In summary, the best degree to have for a career in quantum computing would be an electrical engineering major with a minor in physics or vice versa. It is important to have a strong foundation in the fundamentals of quantum computing before focusing on the programming aspect. Attending graduate school after obtaining a bachelor's degree can also help with specializing in the field. Enrolling in a university with a strong curriculum in quantum computing, such as Mindanao State University, can also make the learning process easier.
Maxwell
Right now I am a sophomore in the electrical engineering program. I am also pursuing a computer science minor, in which I need 3 more classes.

My question is, what would be the best degree to have to get into the field of quantum computing?

My school also offers a Computer Engineering degree. The reason why I chose EE/CS over CoE is because 1) an EE degree looks better; and 2) because the EE degree looked more rigorous. And since I'm getting a CS minor, I'm pretty much taking the same exact classes a CoE would take, with a couple of added ones.

I'm positive that I will be attending grad school after I get my bachelor's. So maybe I would be able to specialize then, but I'm not sure which degree would be best.

I even thought about a physics degree, but I really love engineering.

Thanks.

Engineering news on Phys.org
I would say it would be an electircial engineering major with a physics minor or visa-versa. The applied computer science of quantum computing is far off, best learn the fundimentals. The programing aspect will become natural.

Enroll to Mindanao State University- Gen. Santos City, if you have a degree in Engineering (Electrical) and Minor in CS, you will just take some physics subjects here and quantum computing would be much easier here because their curriculum on that courses is quite different..It is more advance..

Related to What is the best degree for a career in quantum computing?

1. What would be the best choice for the environment?

The best choice for the environment would depend on the specific situation and the desired outcome. Generally, choosing sustainable and renewable options would have the least negative impact on the environment. This could include using renewable energy sources, reducing waste and pollution, and preserving natural habitats.

2. What would be the best choice for my health?

The best choice for your health would also depend on the specific circumstances. However, some general guidelines for maintaining good health include eating a balanced and nutritious diet, exercising regularly, getting enough sleep, and managing stress levels. It is also important to consult with a healthcare professional for personalized recommendations.

3. What would be the best choice for the economy?

The best choice for the economy would depend on the goals and priorities of the specific economy. In general, policies and decisions that promote economic growth, job creation, and stability are considered beneficial for the economy. However, it is important to also consider the long-term impacts and potential consequences of these choices.

4. What would be the best choice for society?

The best choice for society would depend on the values and priorities of the society in question. Some factors to consider when making choices for the greater good of society include promoting equality, protecting human rights, and promoting social and economic stability. It is also important to consider the diverse needs and perspectives of different groups within society.

5. What would be the best choice for the future?

The best choice for the future would depend on what specific outcome or goal is being considered. However, some general principles for making choices that will benefit the future include sustainability, responsible resource management, and investing in education and innovation. It is also important to consider the potential long-term impacts and consequences of our choices on future generations.