What is the Connection Between Stellar Evolution and Particle Physics?

• Thread starter thereaverofdarkness
  • Start date
In summary, stellar evolution and particle physics are closely connected through the process of nuclear fusion that powers stars. This process involves the fusion of lighter elements into heavier ones, releasing energy in the form of particles and radiation. Particle physics plays a crucial role in understanding the reactions that occur during stellar evolution, as well as providing insights into the fundamental building blocks of matter and the forces that govern them. Additionally, the study of exotic particles and phenomena, such as dark matter and neutrinos, has implications for our understanding of the universe and its evolution. Overall, the connection between stellar evolution and particle physics allows us to better understand the processes that shape our universe.
thereaverofdarkness
How did you find PF?
Found a post here via Duckduckgo search engine, wanted to reply.
I'm a big fan of physics and space exploration! I grew up studying all of this stuff and have been fascinated by it ever since. One of my favorite go-to topics to discuss is stellar evolution, because it ties space exploration in the current day with the frontier of particle physics. It feels really great to see a very strange phenomenon become explained by two different fields of science at the same time!

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

To be clear, Astrobiology isn't related to stellar evolution that would be more Astrophysics.

Here's an interesting read on it:

Likes etotheipi
jedishrfu said:
To be clear, Astrobiology isn't related to stellar evolution that would be more Astrophysics.
Trust me, as an astrobiology AND astrophysics enthusiast, that sounds to me the same as "To be clear, Stationery isn't related to cookies, that would be more Baking." I am well aware of the distinction.

Likes jedishrfu
My apologies to you.

On the internet, no one knows the background, interests or experience except from what they post. We get many students here who likely wouldn't know the difference.