What is the Correct Calculation for Transistor Configurations?

• Thread starter go2255
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Lab
In summary, there is confusion about the results from a lab regarding the combination of resistors R1=10k and R2=10k. The calculated Ib is zero, but it is unclear why. Similarly, for the combination of R1=10k and R2=1k, the measured Ie is negative and it is uncertain if this is an error or due to the transistor being in cut off mode. For the combination of R1=1k and R2=10k, it is expected to be in saturation but there are discrepancies in the results. The formulas for I_C and I_E are also in question, as there is no explanation of how they were derived. General guidance for calculating Vb, Ve
go2255
attachment.php?attachmentid=67275&stc=1&d=1394028614.jpg

This is the result from a lab,but I am not sure the results are correct.

I guess the combination of R1=10k and R2=10k is under linear region,but how come the calculated Ib is zero.

For combination of R1=10k and R2=1k,Idon't know why the Ie is negative.Negative value means error?Is it the cut off mode?

And for combination of R1=1k and R2=10k,it should be in saturation?
I guess either the measured or calculated result is wrong.What is the problem?

Also,there are many differences(highlighted).Is my calculation wrong?

Attachments

• 20140305_215323.jpg
    20140305_215323.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 427
Physics news on Phys.org
How did you get the formulas for I_C and I_E? One of them is wrong, but as there is no explanation where they come from and what you did there it is hard to tell which one.

Just to give you general guidance, your results should be
Vb = R1/(R1+R2)10V
Ve = Vb - 0.7V
Ie = Ve/Re
Ib ~ 0
Ic ~ Ie
Vc = 10V - Ic*Rc
Vrc = 10V - Vc

EXCEPT for R1 = 1K, R2 = 10K. For this configuration the transistor is saturated and the computation is more laborious. If you want to attempt it, assume Vc = Ve, write 2 equations in unknowns Ib and Ve. Vb is still Ve + 0.7V.

Related to What is the Correct Calculation for Transistor Configurations?

1. What should I do if I receive lab results that seem to be wrong?

If you receive lab results that seem to be wrong, the first thing you should do is contact the lab or your healthcare provider. They can review the results and determine if there was an error in the testing process.

2. How common are lab errors and wrong results?

Lab errors and wrong results are uncommon, but they can happen. The likelihood of this occurring depends on the type of test being performed and the quality control measures in place at the lab.

3. Can a lab result be wrong even if the test was performed correctly?

Yes, a lab result can still be wrong even if the test was performed correctly. This can happen due to factors such as sample mix-ups, contamination, or human error during the testing process.

4. What should I do if I have concerns about the accuracy of my lab results?

If you have concerns about the accuracy of your lab results, you should speak with your healthcare provider. They can help you understand the results and address any concerns or questions you may have.

5. How can I prevent incorrect lab results?

To help prevent incorrect lab results, it is important to follow any preparation instructions given by your healthcare provider before the test. It is also important to provide accurate information, such as current medications, to the lab. If you have any concerns about your results, do not hesitate to speak with your healthcare provider.