What is the Electromagnetic Cross Section in this plasma deposition process?

In summary: This allows for the movement of the magnetic field within the sample without physically moving it. In summary, Electromagnetic Cross Section is an important measurement in the manufacturing of electronic components, specifically in the plasma deposition and corrosion process, as it helps understand the behavior of particles and the impact of the plasma on the sample.
LUFER
What is Electromagnetic Cross Section? (shock section)

Hello, I have a question regarding the manufacturing process of electronic components in the case of the silicon deposition and corrosion process. My biggest doubt is the behavior of the plasma interacting in the reactor, I don't know if it's correct I would like someone to help me.

What I understood from the subject: If you look at the image, it shows a capacitor (in the simplified case, a PECVD or RIE plasma reactor) where the particles descend from the plate and then it will collide with the particles on the bottom plate, in this case it is in the middle where the plasma wants to pass. In practice we have three directions (vectors) x, y and z, the magnetic effect occurs in the plasma where the particles have two directions or two directions in a spiral effect, so the shock is greater in the sample. In its behavior taking advantage where the field can move in the sample without having to move it.

Is correct?

Attachments

• rf.png
    rf.png
    28.2 KB · Views: 122
Engineering news on Phys.org
Yes, that is correct. Electromagnetic Cross Section (also known as shock section) is the process of measuring the amount of energy applied to a sample in order to cause a change in its properties. This can be used in the manufacturing process of electronic components such as Silicon deposition and corrosion process. It measures the interaction between the particles of the plasma with those of the bottom plate, by looking at the direction and intensity of the collision. The more intense the collision, the greater the effect of the plasma on the sample.

1. What is the electromagnetic cross section in plasma deposition?

The electromagnetic cross section in plasma deposition refers to the effective area that a particle or photon interacts with when passing through a plasma. It is a measure of the probability of interactions between the particle or photon and the plasma particles.

2. How is the electromagnetic cross section calculated in plasma deposition?

The electromagnetic cross section is calculated by using theoretical models and experimental data to determine the probability of interactions between the particle or photon and the plasma particles. This calculation takes into account factors such as the energy of the particle or photon and the properties of the plasma.

3. What factors affect the electromagnetic cross section in plasma deposition?

The electromagnetic cross section in plasma deposition is affected by factors such as the energy and charge of the particle or photon, the density and composition of the plasma, and the temperature and pressure of the environment. Other factors, such as the magnetic field strength, can also play a role.

4. Why is the electromagnetic cross section important in plasma deposition?

The electromagnetic cross section is important in plasma deposition because it helps to understand and control the interactions between particles or photons and the plasma. This information is crucial for optimizing the deposition process and achieving desired properties in the deposited material.

5. How does the electromagnetic cross section impact the efficiency of plasma deposition?

The electromagnetic cross section can impact the efficiency of plasma deposition by affecting the rate at which particles or photons interact with the plasma and deposit onto the substrate. A larger cross section can result in a higher deposition rate, while a smaller cross section may lead to a slower deposition process.