What is the Maxima Condition in Holography?

Debam1224
Homework Statement
I came across one problem from Holography which is a subtopic in my DSE Paper(Laser and Fibre Optics) in Bsc. The problem is as follows:

Suppose the reference wave in hologram is given by. Eᵣ = E₀ e^{-i(ωt- k𝓏 - kₙ sin θ)}and the spherical wave emanating from point source is given as
Eₛₚₕ= E₁ e^{-i(ωt- k𝓏 - (kₓ²/2z₀))}
Then find out the resultant intensity in the plate. Show that the condition for maxima in the hologram is given by ∆x = 4λ (Choose θ = 15°)

I've attached what I've done. The intensity part is correct. But I'm confused about the maxima part because the question has specifically asked for
4λ whereas I got nλ. So, should I just put n=4 or is it wrong? I would really appreciate your views and answers. P.S.: Entirely typed in latex, not copied from any book.
Relevant Equations
Resultant Electric Field,
Eᵣ= E₁ + E₂
Intensity, I = |Eᵣ|²
Document 177_2.jpg
Document 177_3.jpg
Document 177_4.jpg

Document 177_5.jpg

What is the Maxima Condition in Holography?

The Maxima Condition in Holography refers to the condition where the interference pattern produced by the reference and object beams results in bright fringes known as maxima. These maxima represent regions of constructive interference where the amplitude of the combined light waves is at its peak.

How does the Maxima Condition affect holographic images?

The Maxima Condition is crucial in holography as it determines the quality and clarity of the holographic images produced. By ensuring that the interference pattern creates bright maxima, the holographic image will have high contrast, sharpness, and detail.

What happens if the Maxima Condition is not met in holography?

If the Maxima Condition is not met in holography, it can result in a poor quality holographic image with low contrast and blurriness. The absence of bright maxima indicates that the interference pattern is not optimal, leading to a less detailed and clear hologram.

How can the Maxima Condition be achieved in holography?

To achieve the Maxima Condition in holography, precise alignment of the reference and object beams is essential. This involves adjusting the angles and positions of the beams to ensure that they interfere constructively, creating bright maxima in the holographic recording medium.

Why is the Maxima Condition important in holography?

The Maxima Condition is important in holography because it directly impacts the quality and fidelity of the holographic images produced. By meeting this condition, holograms can exhibit high resolution, sharpness, and realistic three-dimensional effects, making them visually appealing and scientifically valuable.