What is the next shape in the series?

In summary, the person has been struggling to understand a pattern on a website and feels that there might be an issue with the pattern itself. They ask for help and eventually figure it out with the help of others.
Carnal
I've been staring at this for hours but I do not get how the pattern works at all.

The problem is from this website.
NP4Iq.png

It's not that I'm an idiot, I think there's something wrong with the pattern!

Physics news on Phys.org
Wecome to PF;
It's not that I'm an idiot, I think there's something wrong with the pattern!
OK but what do you think is wrong with the pattern, and which pattern are you talking about?
Unless you can specifiy these things it is impossible to help you.

It works the way it's described in the text. I don't think I would have ever gotten it without it though.

I got it after a while. Thanks for the attention guys. :)

Related to What is the next shape in the series?

What is the next shape in the series?

The next shape in the series depends on the pattern or rule that is being followed. It is important to analyze the previous shapes and look for any similarities or patterns in order to predict the next shape.

How can I determine the pattern or rule in a series of shapes?

To determine the pattern or rule in a series of shapes, you can look at the number of sides, angles, or other characteristics of the shapes. You can also try to arrange the shapes in a sequence and see if there is a logical progression.

Is there a specific formula for predicting the next shape in a series?

There is no one specific formula for predicting the next shape in a series. It often requires observation, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills to determine the pattern or rule in a series of shapes.

Can a series of shapes have more than one possible next shape?

Yes, a series of shapes can have more than one possible next shape. This can happen if there are multiple patterns or rules that can be followed in the series. It is important to consider all possibilities and analyze the data carefully.

Are there any strategies or techniques for predicting the next shape in a series?

Yes, there are some strategies and techniques that can help in predicting the next shape in a series. These include looking for patterns and similarities, creating a visual representation of the series, and trying different combinations of shapes to see if they fit the pattern.