What is the Role of Physics in Understanding the World Around Us?

In summary, physics plays a crucial role in understanding the world around us by providing a fundamental understanding of the laws and principles that govern the behavior of matter and energy. It helps us make sense of the natural phenomena that occur in our daily lives, from the motion of objects to the behavior of light and electricity. Physics also allows us to develop technology and innovations that improve our lives, from transportation to communication, and even medical advancements. By studying and applying the principles of physics, we can gain a deeper understanding of the world and make informed decisions to better our society.
Doug Horrigan
How did you find PF?
Web search for physics forums that are not exclusively for scientists
Hi, Thanks for having me as a member.
I've had a lifelong interest in science, all types of science but particularly in physics.
It's the basis of everything isn't it? Biology is based on chemistry, chemistry is based on physics, physics is based on quantum physics and that is based on...something yet ro be discovered?
My maths I have to admit isn't great, I love coming up with ideas but proving them mathematically is not my forte.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Hey, Doug, welcome to the forum. Be sure to read the rules, especially the one about no personal theories. We all like to come up w/ new ideas but this forum is only for established science (and it's a terrific place to learn about same).

Likes Bystander