What is the Solution to a Rotational Motion Problem?

In summary, the conversation involves a request for help with a problem, which includes two images and a conversion issue. The issue is resolved with a correction and a suggestion to check the conversions.
coldblood
Hi friends,
Please help me in solving this problem, I'll appreciate the help.

The problem is as:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/q71/s720x720/1493131_1461727260721046_949193439_n.jpg

Attempt -

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/q71/s720x720/1524731_1461727337387705_494938793_n.jpg

Thank you all in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
You forgot to convert 3000 rpm to radians/s.

haruspex said:
You forgot to convert 3000 rpm to radians/s.

No haruspex,

I have converted it in the second last line.
Please see.

coldblood said:
No haruspex,

I have converted it in the second last line.
Please see.
Looks to me like you converted rpm to revs/sec, and you converted n revolutions to 2nπ radians, but I don't see any conversion from revolution rate to radian rate. (The pi's should cancel.)

Likes 1 person
The problem has been cleared.

1. What is rotational motion?

Rotational motion refers to the movement of an object around an axis or center point. It is different from linear motion, which involves movement in a straight line.

2. What is torque?

Torque is the measure of the force that causes an object to rotate around an axis. It is calculated by multiplying the force applied to an object by the distance from the axis of rotation.

3. How is angular velocity different from linear velocity?

Angular velocity refers to the rate of change of an object's angular displacement over time, while linear velocity refers to the rate of change of an object's linear displacement over time. Angular velocity is measured in radians per second, while linear velocity is measured in meters per second.

4. What is the moment of inertia?

The moment of inertia is a measure of an object's resistance to changes in its rotational motion. It is calculated by multiplying the mass of an object by the square of its distance from the axis of rotation.

5. How does rotational motion affect objects in everyday life?

Rotational motion is an important concept in everyday life, as it explains how objects like wheels, gears, and other rotating objects work. It also plays a role in sports, such as throwing a ball or swinging a bat, and in natural phenomena like the rotation of the Earth and other planets.