What is the threshold for pain in decibels?

In summary, the conversation revolves around the topics of decibels, standing waves, sound wave production, and the usefulness of Google. The threshold for pain in decibels is discussed, as well as how standing waves are created. It is also mentioned that Google is a company based in Palo Alto, California and is useful for finding information on the internet. Finally, the group agrees that effort should be put into finding answers before asking for help.
bebe_boobs
1) what is a decibel? What is the threhold for pain in decibels?
2) what is a standing wave?
3) what produces sound waves?
4) Explain how the human ear receives sound and transmits it to the brain
THANKS,

Physics news on Phys.org
1) What is google?
Google is your friend.
2) What is google good for?
Google is good for finding stuff on the internet.
3) Who produced google?
Google is a company in Palo Alto, California.
4) Why didn't you answer my question?
Because you apparently haven't put even basic effort into finding the answer.

1) a decibel is used to measure sound intensity level
2) standing wave is created when waves traveling in opposite directions have the same ampliture and wavelength

Good Lord! if I renamed myself Cathy Cleavage could I sucker you people into doing my homework for me, too? Are you THAT easy?

I agree with Nate. Don't hand over the answers until some effort has been shown.:approve:

I agree 100 percent dont... i mean if you spent the same amount of time typing those questions on google you would get the answer.

cmon guys have some common sense. this is some guy with the screen name "bobbies" and everyone is standing in line to handover the answers.

im sorry if i caused any inconvience

1. What is the threshold for pain in decibels?

The threshold for pain in decibels is typically considered to be around 120 decibels. However, this can vary depending on factors such as the duration of exposure and individual sensitivity.

2. Can different types of sound have different thresholds for pain?

Yes, different types of sound can have different thresholds for pain. For example, a sudden, sharp sound may have a lower threshold for pain compared to a continuous, low-pitched sound.

3. How does the human ear perceive loudness and pain?

The human ear perceives loudness and pain through the vibrations of sound waves. When sound waves enter the ear, they cause the eardrum to vibrate, which then sends signals to the brain. The brain interprets these signals as loudness and pain.

4. Can prolonged exposure to loud noises increase the threshold for pain?

Yes, prolonged exposure to loud noises can increase the threshold for pain. This is because the ear adapts to the loud sounds and becomes less sensitive over time.

5. Is it possible to experience pain at lower decibel levels if there is damage to the ear?

Yes, it is possible to experience pain at lower decibel levels if there is damage to the ear. Damage to the ear, such as from previous exposure to loud noises, can make the ear more sensitive and lower the threshold for pain.