What is this type of bulb or lamp?

In summary: This lamp appears to be a low-pressure mercury-discharge lamp. The lamp is used for generating ozone. The lamp is intended for disinfecting.
Axxel
TL;DR Summary
I need to know what is this type of lamp and a datasheet.
Hi there!

I have few years still without any solution.

I could find just only one exemplary of this bulb or lamp there I share pictures, this is exactly what I need to know what it is, brand or datasheet.

The base is E27.

Imagen-de-Whats-App-2022-11-09-a-las-20-30-15.jpg

Imagen-de-Whats-App-2022-11-09-a-las-20-30-28.jpg

Imagen-de-Whats-App-2022-11-09-a-las-20-30-46.jpg

Imagen-de-Whats-App-2022-11-09-a-las-20-31-03.jpg

Imagen-de-Whats-App-2022-11-09-a-las-20-31-14.jpg

AND the most important, In this VIDEO you can see the lamp working: (I don't know is this usage is the correct usage, the lamp is powered with HV with only a single cable, it runs like a Plasma ball lamp) - Aparenlty these lamps are used to generate ozone.

Hope you can help me! I have YEARS with this issue... I never could resolve it...

Kindly Regards ;D

Engineering news on Phys.org
Axxel said:
the lamp is powered with HV with only a single cable
By HV, do you mean High Voltage? How is that to be reconciled with the E27 socket?I'm a bit puzzled. If you don't know what it is, how do you know you need it?

Likes russ_watters
lampara-ozono-100mm-resina-cable-silicona.jpg

This is the lamp the same with not the E27 base. I think the E27 base can be useful to find something more "standart". I think this type of lamp is not designed to work with HV and making ozone, and this is the information I need, what is this type of lamp NORMALLY and what it is used for?

Somehow "ozone production" doesn't add with electrodes encased in a leakproof bulb. Yes, high voltage sparks produce the ozone, but what is it worth if it is only inside?

Likes russ_watters
Borek said:
Somehow "ozone production" doesn't add with electrodes encased in a leakproof bulb.
Actually, short wavelength UV bulbs can potentially produce enough ozone in the surrounding air to be hazardous:

Ozone Generation by Ultraviolet Lamps​

Holger Claus

Abstract​

The COVID-19 pandemic has generated a great deal of interest in ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI) as an important means to disinfect air and surfaces. The traditional lamp employed for UVGI has been the low-pressure mercury-discharge lamp that emits primarily at 254 nm in the ultraviolet photobiological band UV-C (100-280 nm). The recent development of even shorter-wavelength UV-C lamps, such as the Krypton-Chloride, 222-nm lamp, has led to greater concerns about the UV-C generation of ozone. It is well known that wavelengths below 240 nm more readily generate ozone. However, there is a great misunderstanding with regard to the actual generation and dissipation of ozone molecules by UV-C lamps. A review of this subject is much warranted. An overview of the ozone generation of various UV-C light sources is presented to give users a better understanding of risk and how to assure control of ozone when employing UV-C lamps.

10.1111/php.13391

The first image and the image in Post#3 appear to be the same lamp, so the search path below was followed.

The post#3 image has "BIPROAM" on the lamp, suggesting this search:
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&biw=&bih=&q=biproam

The fourth image of that Google search matches post#3 and leads to:
https://www.todoelectronica.com/lampara-ozono-100mm-resina-cable-silicona-p-89936.html

Google can not translate that page directly, but you can copy-paste the page text to Google translate to get something readable.

the lamp is:
a) an ultraviolet lamp
b) the UV generates Ozone from the Oxygen in the air
c) intended use is for disinfecting

I spotted 'Neon' and '28nM' somewhere on the site.

Cheers,
Tom

• Informative
Likes dlgoff, berkeman, russ_watters and 1 other person
Tom.G said:
The fourth image of that Google search matches post#3 and leads to:
It matches the image in post #3 EXACTLY. I smell a rat: if @Axxel has the same picture as on a web page how do they not know what the bulb is from the web page?

At first, I thought it might be a uv aquarium sterilizer.

• Informative
Likes berkeman
A low-pressure mercury vapour discharge inside the tube would generate UV, which in turn, generates ozone in the air outside the envelope.

The tube seems to have only one high voltage connection to the internal element. An electric field would need to pass through the capacitance of the envelope to the external "ground". I would expect the tube to be driven by high frequency AC, from a high voltage generator. Discharge current would be regulated by the capacitance of the glass envelope, the voltage and the frequency of excitation.

Likes Tom.G and dlgoff

1. What is an incandescent bulb?

An incandescent bulb is a type of electric light that produces light by heating a filament wire to a high temperature until it glows. It was the most commonly used type of light bulb for many years, but has since been replaced by more energy-efficient options.

2. What is a fluorescent lamp?

A fluorescent lamp is a type of electric light that produces light by passing an electric current through a gas-filled tube. The gas inside the tube emits ultraviolet light, which is then converted into visible light by a phosphor coating on the inside of the tube. Fluorescent lamps are more energy-efficient than incandescent bulbs and are commonly used in commercial and industrial settings.

3. What is an LED bulb?

An LED (light-emitting diode) bulb is a type of electric light that produces light by passing an electric current through a semiconductor material. The movement of electrons within the semiconductor creates light. LED bulbs are highly energy-efficient and have a longer lifespan compared to incandescent and fluorescent bulbs. They are commonly used in residential and commercial lighting.

4. What is a halogen bulb?

A halogen bulb is a type of incandescent bulb that uses a halogen gas (such as iodine or bromine) to increase the efficiency and lifespan of the bulb. The halogen gas reacts with the tungsten filament, preventing it from breaking down and extending the life of the bulb. Halogen bulbs produce a brighter, whiter light than traditional incandescent bulbs and are commonly used in headlights and floodlights.

5. What is a compact fluorescent lamp (CFL)?

A compact fluorescent lamp (CFL) is a type of fluorescent lamp that is designed to replace traditional incandescent bulbs. It is smaller in size and has a spiral or folded shape. CFLs use less energy and have a longer lifespan than incandescent bulbs, making them a more environmentally-friendly option. However, they do contain small amounts of mercury, so proper disposal is important.