What is threat intelligence (cyber security)?

In summary, the speaker has recently learned about threat intelligence in high school and is seeking advice on finding helpful websites for information and thesis topics related to cyber security. They have found some resources through Google but are having difficulty finding relevant information in English.
reCAPTCHA
I just got to learn about TI (threat intelligence) in my high school.
I need some advice - helpful website for get useful information and thesis dealing with cyber security

Computer science news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

What have you found via Google so far?

berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

What have you found via Google so far?
"An introduction to threat intelligence" - NCSC
I want more English documents but as I use Asia server, it is hard to find appropriate things.
It takes time so long to find and translate each data, and most of data I found didn't contain what I want to get.

Last edited:

1. What exactly is threat intelligence?

Threat intelligence refers to the process of gathering and analyzing information about potential or existing cyber threats to an organization's computer systems, networks, and data. This information is then used to identify, assess, and prioritize potential risks and vulnerabilities, and to develop strategies to prevent or mitigate them.

2. Why is threat intelligence important in cyber security?

Threat intelligence is crucial in cyber security because it allows organizations to proactively identify and respond to potential threats before they can cause harm. It also helps organizations understand the tactics, techniques, and procedures used by attackers, and to stay updated on emerging threats and vulnerabilities.

3. How is threat intelligence gathered?

Threat intelligence can be gathered through a variety of sources, including open-source intelligence, dark web monitoring, security research reports, and information sharing platforms. It can also be gathered through internal data analysis, such as logs and network traffic, and through collaboration with other organizations and government agencies.

4. What are the types of threat intelligence?

There are three main types of threat intelligence: strategic, operational, and tactical. Strategic intelligence provides a high-level overview of potential threats and trends, operational intelligence focuses on specific threats and attacks, and tactical intelligence provides real-time information on threats and vulnerabilities that can be used for immediate action.

5. How can organizations use threat intelligence?

Organizations can use threat intelligence to improve their overall cyber security posture by incorporating it into their risk management and incident response processes. It can also be used to inform security decision-making, such as implementing new security measures or updating existing ones. Additionally, threat intelligence can be shared with other organizations to improve collective defense against cyber threats.