What is your favourite home router brand?

In summary, the conversation discussed various router brands including AVM, Telekom, TP-Link, and Asus. The individual prefers AVM due to its clean web interface and advanced features. They express curiosity about router brands and internet connections in other countries. In the US, popular router brands include Netgear, D-Link, and Belkin. The individual also mentions using OpenWRT for better performance and security. In terms of internet connection, they have 50 MBit/s DSL but cable and fiber optic (Verizon FIOS) are also common in the US.
somega
I am from Germany and have tried these router brands:
- AVM
- Telekom
- TP-Link
- Asus

I like AVM the most because it has a clean web interface with many functions and detailed information.

I wonder what router brands there are in your countries and what your favorite router brands are?

It would also be interesting what kind of connection you have (cable/glass fiber/DSL).

I have 50 MBit/s DSL.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Popular ones in the US include Netgear, D-Link, and Belkin (TP-Link and Asus also seem fairly common here).

I personally don't run any router with stock firmware; I flash mine with OpenWRT. I can usually get better performance out of any given hardware with it, plus it's open source so I don't have to worry about whether the manufacturer has put backdoors in the firmware.

I have cable internet but fiber optic (Verizon FIOS) is also fairly common in the US.

Closed for possible privacy issues.

Last edited:

1. What is the most reliable home router brand?

The most reliable home router brand can vary depending on individual experiences and preferences. However, some of the top brands known for their reliability include Netgear, TP-Link, and ASUS.

2. Which home router brand offers the best security features?

Again, this can depend on personal experiences and needs. However, some of the top brands known for their advanced security features include Norton, Bitdefender, and McAfee.

3. What is the most budget-friendly home router brand?

The most budget-friendly home router brand can vary depending on the specific model and features. However, some of the top brands known for their affordable options include TP-Link, D-Link, and Linksys.

4. Which home router brand has the best performance?

The best performance can also vary depending on individual preferences and needs. However, some of the top brands known for their high-performance routers include Netgear, ASUS, and Ubiquiti.

5. What is the most user-friendly home router brand?

All of the top home router brands strive to make their products user-friendly. However, some of the top brands known for their intuitive and easy-to-use interfaces include Google, Eero, and Synology.