What kind of sport/exercise do you do?

• Thread starter Sophia
  • Start date
In summary: Well, you know what they say about soccer. It's a gentleman's game played by hooligans. On the other hand, rugby is a hooligan's game played by gentlemen."Joking of course. I like playing it too. Watching, not so much. Other than that I think running feels like flying and lifting weights lifts my spirit.In summary, I enjoy doing yoga, swimming, cycling, and rollerblading. I would like to learn to skateboard, but am not in very good shape yet. I walk everyday, which I think is a great exercise.
TheBlackAdder said:
9kg is a very heavy load. During my firefighter training period we had to run and do exercises with a full compressed air tank which ranged in weight from ~8 to max 18 kg depending on whether it was carbon or steel. Running with weights is hell and probably not so good for the joints to be honest. Still, kudos.
:)) Wow, that's a lot of weight. 18kg?! I don't think I can move normally with that. :confused:

Physics news on Phys.org
Everyone could, the trick is letting the cylinder rest on your hips and not your shoulders. If your tank starts hanging from your shoulders you won't have a good time.

Currently I'm running 14-18 miles a week anywhere from a 6-8 mile/hour pace. I do weightlifting 5-6 times a week in 1 hour sessions. The weightlifting includes bodybuilding, power lifting(new to me, but it was a 55 year old man that taught me with the correct form it's quite safe), CrossFit, and all things hardcore cardio.

Likes Psinter and Sophia
czelaya said:
Currently I'm running 14-18 miles a week anywhere from a 6-8 mile/hour pace. I do weightlifting 5-6 times a week in 1 hour sessions. The weightlifting includes bodybuilding, power lifting(new to me, but it was a 55 year old man that taught me with the correct form it's quite safe), CrossFit, and all things hardcore cardio.
That's something! :))

I get out onto the judo mat once a week or so and try to keep up with the competitive kids. If you're not familiar with it, judo is like yoga... that you do to the other guy.:biggrin:

I've been running more lately too currently doing about 14 km with hills at a sub 6:00 min/km pace - which is huge for me. I've never been much of a runner, but my wife is.

I also fit in two strength-focussed workouts per week, either pure weights or P90X3.

Likes Psinter and CynicusRex