What sparked a mature age student's interest in studying physics?

• Thread starter Joshua Best
  • Start date
In summary, a mature age student's interest in studying physics can be sparked by a variety of factors, such as a desire for personal growth and intellectual challenge, a passion for understanding the fundamental laws of the universe, or a specific event or experience that piqued their curiosity and fascination with the subject. Additionally, many mature age students may have had previous careers or life experiences that led them to discover their interest in physics and pursue it later in life. Regardless of the specific reason, mature age students bring a unique perspective and motivation to the study of physics that enriches the learning experience for themselves and others.
Joshua Best
Good morning, afternoon and good evening,

My names Josh, I'm 30, 31 in a couple of months. With doing uni-prep classes in year 11 and then dropping out of the classes to do standard ones in year 12, due to getting no acknowledgment of grade from my parents and thinking that it was all pointless, even though, throughout the time of being in school, I had always been told that I had great potential with Mathematics.

I'd drifted off after school, only to read and think upon the world and universe doing different jobs and then finding a passion in the Mixology industry, which lasted for 9 yrs and gaining a name for myself within the Perth, Western Australian industry. I then stopped and pursued other career ventures until last when I lost my job and have been unable to get work since.

I then decided to go back to study what has always intrigued me the most, Physics, Cosmology, the universe and black holes.

I start this year with gaining entry into a Uni-prep course, which will allow me to enter into a Bachelor of Physics degree. Starting out the year with borrowing books from the local library and starting to read and write notes upon Physics, The Laws / Equations of Physics, references and watching documentaries (Through the wormhole with Morgan Freeman), I had started gaining questions and Theories upon what I had read and heard.

So with all this said, I'd like to say G'day and shall I proceed in the appropriate section for write my most latest and eventually be my major's thesis "Black Holes: The Warp Of Space-Time".

Likes Aufbauwerk 2045
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF.

Be sure to check out the Insights section of the PF. You should enjoy reading through the many tutorials and other information there. :smile:

Likes Joshua Best