What unique physics insights can I contribute to this Forum?

• Thread starter Kriis
  • Start date
In summary, the purpose of contributing unique physics insights to this Forum is to share new and innovative ideas, theories, and research findings with others who are interested in the field of physics. To determine if your insights are unique, it is important to conduct thorough research and discuss your ideas with other scientists. Contributions from any subfield of physics are welcome and there is no specific format for sharing insights. Your unique insights can benefit the scientific community by providing new perspectives, opening up new areas of research, and contributing to the overall advancement of the field.
Kriis
How did you find PF?
Searched for "thermistor Forum"
Hi
I have not been on this Forum until today so haven't "learnt the ropes" and have no expectations but i'll just dive in and have a browse. I just hope that 90% of your lounge isn't filled with C*V*D Discussions. I'm sure I must have some unique physics-related input, and hopefully it will come to me while browsing.
Regards
Chris

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF, Chris! :smile:

Likes Kriis
Kriis said:
I just hope that 90% of your lounge isn't filled with C*V*D Discussions.
Well, there will always be the humor threads in the lounge to provide respite from the current events.

Actually I have found the current event "lounge" threads here on PF almost always provide good insights from smart people, I learn alot. Credit the PF members who take the time to provide these thoughtful posts, and extra credit to the moderators for keeping even the "lounge" threads on track. This forum simply doesn't allow the name calling, sloganeering, and partisan bickering common on other forums.

Likes gleem and berkeman
Well that’s told me hasn’t it? I have to say G Max, that I’m a little confused already, was that a welcome post? It seemed more like a thinly veiled dig/slap on the wrist ! You talked about humour in the lounge and my reference to “90% “was meant in humour. I’ve only just arrived for goodness sake, and you are ‘telling” me to credit the PF members? In the right place, this sort of bullish reply ought to be coming from a moderator surely, not a member? I’ve come from various forums where your post would be edited/removed. If you are typical of members on this forum, then I won’t be here long, thank you for your thoughts.

That was a grand entry.

Kriis said:
Well that’s told me hasn’t it? I have to say G Max, that I’m a little confused already, was that a welcome post? It seemed more like a thinly veiled dig/slap on the wrist ! You talked about humour in the lounge and my reference to “90% “was meant in humour. I’ve only just arrived for goodness sake, and you are ‘telling” me to credit the PF members? In the right place, this sort of bullish reply ought to be coming from a moderator surely, not a member? I’ve come from various forums where your post would be edited/removed. If you are typical of members on this forum, then I won’t be here long, thank you for your thoughts.
His post seemed fine to me, warm and welcoming. Hopefully you do find the PF welcoming and informative. Give it a little while. :smile:

Kriis said:
wow where did that come from? sorry if I offended you in any way, believe me it wasn't my intent.

Likes Kriis, berkeman and PeroK
Apologies G Max, sometimes it’s just down to the written word, Just a misunderstanding I’m sure face-to-face it wouldn’t have happened.

Likes berkeman

Related to What unique physics insights can I contribute to this Forum?

1. What is the purpose of contributing unique physics insights to this Forum?

The purpose of contributing unique physics insights to this Forum is to share new and innovative ideas, theories, and research findings with others who are interested in the field of physics. This can lead to further discussions and collaborations, as well as expanding our understanding and knowledge of the subject.

2. How can I determine if my physics insights are unique?

To determine if your physics insights are unique, it is important to conduct thorough research and review existing literature on the topic. This will help you understand what has already been discovered and what areas are still open for exploration. Additionally, discussing your ideas with other scientists and receiving feedback can also help determine the uniqueness of your insights.

3. Can I contribute physics insights from any subfield of physics?

Yes, you can contribute physics insights from any subfield of physics. This Forum welcomes contributions from all areas of physics, including but not limited to quantum mechanics, astrophysics, thermodynamics, and particle physics. All unique and relevant insights are valuable and can contribute to the advancement of the field.

4. Is there a specific format or structure for contributing physics insights?

There is no specific format or structure for contributing physics insights to this Forum. However, it is important to clearly explain your ideas and provide evidence or data to support them. This can include equations, diagrams, or references to previous studies. Additionally, using a clear and concise writing style can make your insights more accessible to a wider audience.

5. How can my unique physics insights benefit the scientific community?

Your unique physics insights can benefit the scientific community by providing new perspectives and approaches to existing problems, opening up new areas of research, and sparking further discussions and collaborations. They can also contribute to the overall advancement and understanding of the field of physics, leading to potential real-world applications and advancements in technology.