What web tools are in demand in 2004?

• Thread starter Mark
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Tools Web
In summary, the conversation discusses potential coding projects for the summer, including message boards, chat rooms, and guest books, but these are deemed outdated or overdone. The suggestion is made to build an e-commerce site from scratch using PHP and MySQL, as well as hosting one's own website to learn about DNS, Apache, and Postfix. Another idea is to create a game that could potentially break even and be enjoyable to play.
Mark
What web tools are in demand in 2004??

Hey everyone, I am a skillfull, and sexy computer programmer who has nothing to do this summer, and I am wondering what to code?

I hear message boards can make money, but there seems to be many of these in existence.
Chat rooms seem to be out of date.
Guest books seem to be cheesy,
and I am unaware of a product which I can code, and sell to multiple people that has not been already heavily sold...

Preferably something involving php+mysql, but i can all the online stuff!

Computer science news on Phys.org
What about building an e-commerce site from scratch. This isn't really recommend for beginners, but you sound like you can handle it. You should also host your own website so you learn about DNS, Apache, Postfix, etc.

make a game. if its good you can might be able to break even and I'll be more than happy to play a good game =)

Related to What web tools are in demand in 2004?

1. What is the most popular web tool in demand in 2004?

The most popular web tool in demand in 2004 was Adobe Flash. It was widely used for creating interactive and animated content on websites.

2. Are there any new web tools that emerged in 2004?

Yes, 2004 saw the emergence of several new web tools such as Ruby on Rails, a web application framework, and jQuery, a JavaScript library.

3. Is there still a demand for HTML in 2004?

Absolutely. HTML was still the backbone of web development in 2004 and was used for creating the structure and content of websites.

4. Were there any significant updates to existing web tools in 2004?

Yes, there were significant updates to popular web tools such as Dreamweaver, which added new features for creating dynamic websites, and Photoshop, which introduced new tools for web graphics.

5. Is there a demand for web analytics tools in 2004?

Yes, web analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Webtrends were in high demand in 2004 as businesses were increasingly interested in tracking website traffic and user behavior.