What website/software can draw optics setups like this?

SmartHu
TL;DR Summary
optics setup drawing
Some time ago, I drew a simple drawing. But now I can't remember how I drew it. Did I use a software or a website?
I remember I could choose some optics components, like the small laser in the image, the mirror mount, etc.
It can do basic light tracing.
It was free.
1.png

Science news on Phys.org
I'm pretty sure WebGL (Javascript) is up to the task. Specifically you might look into the THREE.js module. On the other hand it sounds like you're searching for a particular piece of software. Anyway, good luck.

EDIT: BTW, ATT: moderators. This thread should probably be moved to the computer science/programming forum if the tool in question isn't directly optics-related that is.

Last edited:

1. What is the best website or software for drawing optics setups?

The best website or software for drawing optics setups would depend on the specific needs and preferences of the user. Some popular options include OpticsBuilder, Zemax, and OpticStudio.

2. Is there a free website or software available for drawing optics setups?

Yes, there are some free options available such as OpticsLab, OpticsBench, and OpticsRay. However, these may have limited features compared to paid software.

3. Can I import my own optics components into the drawing software?

Most drawing software for optics setups allow users to import their own components or create custom components. However, it is important to check the specific software's capabilities before purchasing or using it.

4. Are there any tutorials or guides available for using these drawing software?

Yes, many of the popular drawing software for optics setups have tutorials and guides available on their websites or through online resources. Some also offer training programs for users to learn how to use the software effectively.

5. Can I export my optics setup drawings to other formats?

Most drawing software for optics setups allow users to export their drawings to various formats such as PDF, JPG, or CAD files. This is useful for sharing the drawings with others or using them in other programs.