What Were the First Four Episodes of Doctor Who?

• Thread starter tiny-tim
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Doctor
In summary, the first 4 episodes of the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who will air on BBC4 (UK) tomorrow. Episodes 5-8 will be available on BBC iPlayer tomorrow as well. Episode 9 will be the longest episode in the history of the series and will be released on DVD on 12/5.
tiny-tim
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
to mark the 50th anniverary of doctor who, the first 4 episodes are being re-broadcast on bb4 tv (uk) tomorrow

(that's one episode in the school, and 3 episodes with the cavemen)

soon available on iplayer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00jxl63/episodes/guide

Physics news on Phys.org
After seeing the subject I was almost sure it is another TV spammer, and I had banhammer ready.

Borek said:
After seeing the subject I was almost sure it is another TV spammer, and I had banhammer ready.

Then imagine my reaction to a thread named 'Girls!'.
----------------------------------------------------
it seems despite zoobies fervent well wishes I still have yet to get better and remain a very horrible person.

Last edited:
Other 50th anniversary releases:
The Night of the Doctor

-U3jrS-uhuo[/youtube] (Miniepisode...and how and by what means the Time War ended.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shouldn't this thread be in the Sci-Fi forum? :biggrin:

tiny-tim said:
to mark the 50th anniverary of doctor who, the first 4 episodes are being re-broadcast on bb4 tv (uk) tomorrow
(that's one episode in the school, and 3 episodes with the cavemen)
I watched them when they first came out on b/w TV as a very young child. :eek:

I was a bit bored by most of the 1st episode, which was mostly just mysterious, but it ended with a cliff-hanger and the screaming lead-in to the (original) intoxicating theme music. But then I found the 3 caveman epsiodes rather boring and frustrating. The next 12(?) episodes after that were the original dalek encounter on Skaro, and had me hooked by the end of the 1st of these. That must the first and only time a dalek used its ray gun (on poor hapless Ian, iirc) without it being fatal. Seems like daleks ever since then have their weapons permanently set on "kill".

Sometimes I wish my memory could be temporarily wiped and that the modern Dr Who production team would re-make the Skaro encounter properly with modern technology.

prequel to Day of the Doctor

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the plot of the first 4 episodes of Doctor Who?

The first four episodes of Doctor Who, also known as "An Unearthly Child", "The Daleks", "The Edge of Destruction", and "Marco Polo", follow the adventures of the first Doctor, his granddaughter Susan, and her two teachers as they travel through time and space in the TARDIS. In "An Unearthly Child", the Doctor and his companions accidentally land in the Stone Age and must find a way to escape. "The Daleks" introduces the iconic villains and the Doctor's arch-nemesis, the Master. "The Edge of Destruction" explores the tension between the Doctor and his companions as they are trapped in the TARDIS. "Marco Polo" takes the travelers to 13th century China where they must retrieve the TARDIS from the Mongols.

2. Who are the main characters in the first 4 episodes of Doctor Who?

The main characters in the first four episodes of Doctor Who are the first Doctor, played by William Hartnell, his granddaughter Susan Foreman, played by Carole Ann Ford, and her two teachers Ian Chesterton, played by William Russell, and Barbara Wright, played by Jacqueline Hill. Other recurring characters include the Daleks and their creator Davros, and the mysterious Time Lords.

3. When were the first 4 episodes of Doctor Who originally aired?

The first four episodes of Doctor Who were originally aired on the BBC in the United Kingdom in 1963. "An Unearthly Child" premiered on November 23, "The Daleks" on November 30, "The Edge of Destruction" on December 7, and "Marco Polo" on December 14. These episodes have since been re-aired and made available on various platforms.

4. How were the first 4 episodes of Doctor Who received by audiences and critics?

The first four episodes of Doctor Who were met with mixed reviews from audiences and critics. While some praised the show's concept and creativity, others found it confusing and lacked interest. However, the show gained a cult following and has since become a beloved and iconic science fiction series.

5. Are the first 4 episodes of Doctor Who available to watch today?

Yes, the first four episodes of Doctor Who are available to watch today through various means. They have been released on DVD and Blu-ray, and can also be streamed on platforms such as Amazon Prime Video and BritBox. They are also occasionally aired on television, especially during special events or marathons.