What's the Stupidest Show on Television? My Top Pick Will Shock You!

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Television
In summary: I don't even know what they're called now. :(Babylon 5 is still around, but I haven't seen it in a while.
Pengwuino
Gold Member
I'm bored. What is the stupidest show on television in your opinion?

Oh and anything on MTV doesn't count.

My #1 stupidest show is... hmm wlel, i need to think about this. Inside Edition makes me want to rip my eyes out sometimes...

Physics news on Phys.org
In no particular order: Lost, Desperate Whores, Medium, Days of our Lives, Gossip Girl, The Tyra Banks show, Oprah Show, American Idol, 24, Past Life, Bones, Brothers, Dollhouse, Hells Kitchen, Glee, Wandy Sykes, 90% of all NBC shows, 90% of all ABC shows, etc

cronxeh said:
In no particular order: Lost, Desperate Whores, Medium, Days of our Lives, Gossip Girl, The Tyra Banks show, Oprah Show, American Idol, 24, Past Life, Bones, Brothers, Dollhouse, Hells Kitchen, Glee, Wandy Sykes, 90% of all NBC shows, 90% of all ABC shows, etc

You're forgetting family guy!
No, I'm kidding of course, but seriously dude you managed to list basically all the shows out there at present.

King of the Hill. omg that show... omg...

Deal or No Deal. A game show that is so lame it doesn't even bother to have a theme.

The view. And for sure, Lost.But Hell's kitchen? Imo that's significantly less stupid than most other shows you listed Cronxeh.

I love Hell's Kitchen! Math Is Hard and I are anticipating Gordon will have a stroke.

Has anyone seen Maury with Maury Povich? His show makes Jerry Springer look like an intellectual gathering.

Evo said:
Has anyone seen Maury with Maury Povich? His show makes Jerry Springer look like an intellectual gathering.

omg, It comes on after a show* I do watch and I can't watch more than 5 seconds of it.

*my guilty secret: I watch court shows. Yes, the people are redneck deadbeats, I don't care about the people, I like the cases.

You leave Gossip Girl alone!

Monster Quest is the only one at the moment that really makes me angry

The bachelor, and alike programs, just plain stupid :yuck:

Will and Grace.

He's gay, so is the other, she's neurotic and she's a drunk. We get it. Those in themselves are not humour, so either include some jokes or drop the laugh track.

I haven't ever watched a 'reality' show---they're for the brainless...

I also can't believe how many 'after they're dead' shows are on now

Last edited by a moderator:
matthyaouw said:
He's gay, so is the other, she's neurotic and she's a drunk.
Haven't watched it in a long time but both Karen and Jack were good for a laugh.

rewebster said:
I also can't believe how many 'after they're dead' shows are on now
Yeah, they're all the rage.

I am forced to watch Drop Dead Diva, but it is completely lame.

Gee, a fat girl who can't resist junk food. How 21st century...

cronxeh said:

Why the heck do you watch all these shows?

Chi Meson said:

:rofl: I was going to say the same thing!

Chi Meson said:

I don't watch stupid shows.

cronxeh said:
I don't watch stupid shows.
At the risk of stating the obvious, you have watched enough of those shows to be able to pass judgment on them.

Of most of the shows you mention, I have seen even less of them than you - so little that I cannot even judge them.

DaveC426913 said:
At the risk of stating the obvious, you have watched enough of those shows to be able to pass judgment on them.

Of most of the shows you mention, I have seen even less of them than you - so little that I cannot even judge them.

I watched them because I keep my horizons open. Currently I only watch the following shows:

NCIS, Family Guy, Simpsons, Twilight Zone, Burn Notice, Fringe, House, Psych, White Collar, Leverage, and News.

"Lost" is just an absolute disaster of a show. The first season was really good, but it's unwatchable now.

I don't know how many shows are stupid, because I can't stand to watch much of anything on network TV and therefor cannot judge their relative stupidness. I watch local and national news, News Hour, Antiques Road Show, and Nova. That's about it.

About the only TV show I watched regularly was Babylon 5.

turbo-1 said:
I don't know how many shows are stupid, because I can't stand to watch much of anything on network TV and therefor cannot judge their relative stupidness. I watch local and national news, News Hour, Antiques Road Show, and Nova. That's about it.

About the only TV show I watched regularly was Babylon 5.

Is "Babylon 5" still around? I last saw it several years ago, but then I haven't seen the Sci-Fi channel in a long, long time. I stopped looking when they started carrying a lot of grade B horror flicks (except for B. Gallactica).

KM

Kenneth Mann said:
Is "Babylon 5" still around? I last saw it several years ago, but then I haven't seen the Sci-Fi channel in a long, long time. I stopped looking when they started carrying a lot of grade B horror flicks (except for B. Gallactica).

KM
It's the SyFY channel now, apparently their viewer's didn't know what Sci-Fi meant or how to pronounce it.

Evo said:
It's the SyFY channel now, apparently their viewer's didn't know what Sci-Fi meant or how to pronounce it.

Surely, you jest!

KM

Kenneth Mann said:
Surely, you jest!

KM
I wish. Well, the part about them changing to SyFy is true, I am just guessing at the reason. I can just see someone asking what the skeefee channel was.

Kenneth Mann said:

KM
You can get the whole series on DVD, if you don't have a cable channel that carries it.

now its the syf channel (for an even shorter name)

rewebster said:
now its the syf channel (for an even shorter name)
:biggrin:

Family Guy, The Cleveland show, all of the news shows on the news channels because the "news" is pretty much redundant and the newshost are about as objective at covering news as all the political right wing oriented talk show hosts. And all of the reality shows that advertised themselves as providing fresh and original content to their viewers, but all seem to rip off each other. All the television channels that formerly played documentaries but have content on their channel that have nothing to do with the original intent of channel (i.e., TLC, History channel, disco\very channel) and so all the shows are all about competition; I don't have a probably with the any of the daytime "trailer trash" because at least that they are not trying advertised themselves anything other than what they are.

All shows are stupid except for The Daily Show and Legend of the Seeker.

Topher925 said:
Legend of the Seeker.
Did you read the books?

Evo said:
Did you read the books?

I saw the brunette

Evo said:
It's the SyFY channel now,

It may have been done to get the name down to four characters. That way their name doesn't get truncated in commercial listings.

most stupid show is CSI

There are a whole bunch that are basically the same thing...
The World's Biggest Man
The World's Biggest Teen

I can't even remember the name of the series...Big Medicine or something like that.

Basically, every single one of them is finding someone so morbidly obese that they can't even get out of their own bed, yet somehow food keeps getting from stores to their mouths (that's the part I cannot understand...once someone has become bedridden with obesity, until they can get themself back out of that bed again, there is no excuse for anyone else to enable them in their horrendous eating habits), nobody can understand how they got so fat, and they're going to get gastric bypass surgery.

I flip up through the cable channels about once a week just to keep in touch with how nutz the world really is. Keeping Up With The Kardashians was a surprise. I can't believe Bruce Jenner would stoop that low.

There are a number of completely tacky scripted and staged reality shows, especially on MTV. Speaking of tacky, Jersey Shore comes to mind.

Excuse me I have to go watch The Bachelor now.:biggrin:

Last edited:
rewebster said:
I saw the brunette
She was blonde in the book. That was one of her main features, her extremely long blond hair that couldn't be cut.