What's with the God Father trophy?

• Thread starter symbolipoint
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a member being awarded a "God Father" trophy on the new version 4.0 of the forum after making a few spirited postings. The trophy brings to mind the sinister connotation of the term "Godfather" and some speculate that it may be earned by banning a certain number of people. Others suggest alternative names for the trophy, such as "Luca Brasi."
symbolipoint
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
One of the alerts fro today was that I am awarded a God Father trophy. What is that, and really how did I earn it? The forum is on its new version 4.0, only a couple of days, I make a few, very few maybe a bit spirited postings, and ziiinnnngggg! I am awarded a God Father trophy, according to today's alert to me.

Physics news on Phys.org
I got that trophy, too. It brought "Godfather" to mind, which to me has a rather sinister connotation.

I thought maybe it came from banning a certain number of people. :D

Likes Greg Bernhardt
jtbell said:
I thought maybe it came from banning a certain number of people.

This one is called Luca Brasi trophy.

Likes Greg Bernhardt

What is the God Father trophy?

The God Father trophy is a prestigious award given to scientists for their outstanding contributions to their field of study.

Who can receive the God Father trophy?

The God Father trophy is typically awarded to scientists who have made significant discoveries or advancements that have had a major impact on their field.

How is the recipient of the God Father trophy chosen?

The recipient of the God Father trophy is chosen by a committee of esteemed scientists who evaluate the nominees' contributions and impact on their field.

What is the significance of the God Father trophy?

The God Father trophy is a symbol of excellence and recognition in the scientific community. It serves as a reminder of the recipient's significant contributions to their field and inspires future generations of scientists.

How can I nominate someone for the God Father trophy?

Nominations for the God Father trophy are typically made by fellow scientists or organizations in the scientific community. However, some award committees may also accept self-nominations.