What's your favorite soft drink or beverage?

• MHB
  • Thread starter MarkFL
  • Start date
In summary: I drink this to excess:It's got the teeth rotting sugars and jolt of nerve wracking mania inducing caffeine I crave...what about you?I don't drink soft drinks, but I'm addicted to coffee. I don't care for its sweetness but I want creamer, milk powder and low fat milk all to be added to it!Hmm...I'm thinking about telling your mother about your unhealthy habit of drinking Dew daily and let her chide you some! :pOr...I'll write to Mountain Dew's site so that they could water down it a little to make it less sweet and safe to be consumed daily!:o(Tongue
MarkFL
Gold Member
MHB
I drink this to excess:

View attachment 1073

It's got the teeth rotting sugars and jolt of nerve wracking mania inducing caffeine I crave...what about you? (Tongueout)

Attachments

• dew.jpg
    dew.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 70
Physics news on Phys.org
We've been getting glass-bottled Pepsi here for the last few months. Mmmmmmmmm!

-Dan

topsquark said:
We've been getting glass-bottled Pepsi here for the last few months. Mmmmmmmmm!

-Dan

Good choice...that's my mom's favorite. As far as colas go, I prefer Coca-Cola just a bit over Pepsi.

When I was a kid, I liked Ski, which was similar to Mountain Dew, but I can't find it here.

MarkFL said:
I drink this to excess:

View attachment 1073

It's got the teeth rotting sugars and jolt of nerve wracking mania inducing caffeine I crave...what about you? (Tongueout)

I don't drink soft drinks, but I'm addicted to coffee. I don't care for its sweetness but I want creamer, milk powder and low fat milk all to be added to it!

Hmm...I'm thinking about telling your mother about your unhealthy habit of drinking Dew daily and let her chide you some! :p

Or...I'll write to Mountain Dew's site so that they could water down it a little to make it less sweet and safe to be consumed daily!:eek:(Tongueout)(Emo)

anemone said:
Hmm...I'm thinking about telling your mother about your unhealthy habit of drinking Dew daily and let her chide you some! :p

Or...I'll write to Mountain Dew's site so that they could water down it a little to make it less sweet and safe to be consumed daily!:eek:(Tongueout)(Emo)

My mother already "chides" me for my consumption of the Dew. (Smirk)

Hey, good luck getting them to change their winning recipe...let me know how that works out for you. (Callme)(Clapping)

MarkFL said:
My mother already "chides" me for my consumption of the Dew. (Smirk)

Hey, good luck getting them to change their winning recipe...let me know how that works out for you. (Callme)(Clapping)

I already did, but their site didn't let me give my two cents, or submit my opinions to them because I don't have a U.S. mailing address!

But...I'll just use your address because of your snide little comment...how's that work for you?(Punch)(Clapping)

anemone said:
I already did, but their site didn't let me give my two cents, or submit my opinions to them because I don't have a U.S. mailing address!

But...I'll just use your address because of your snide little comment...how's that work for you?(Punch)(Clapping)

(Rofl) Be careful, or they might steal your idea and introduce a sugar-free version of the Dew, and soon other soft drink manufacturers will follow suit...and then discerning consumers such as myself will have to reach over the sugar-free swill in the markets to get to the real stuff. That would be quite a bother! (Wasntme)

I live and die by Dr. Pepper. Throwback Pepsi is a very close second.

Chris L T521 said:
...Throwback Pepsi is a very close second.

I like the throwback versions too. (Yes)

Attachments

• 97606853.jpg
    97606853.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 60
I haven't had this in over forty years but when I saw the thread it's what I thought of.

View attachment 1075

Not that easy to come by in the UK and I won't go to the trouble as it can't be anywhere near as good as I think it was.

Attachments

• cidona.jpg
    cidona.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 58
chisigma said:
https://www.physicsforums.com/attachments/1074

The only effective anti-aging drink!...Kind regards $\chi$ $\sigma$
Gaaaaah! Only if it has vodka in it somewhere. (Nod)

-Dan

Tomato juice is quite good but not something I can chug daily.

I'm a Coke Zero fan or Diet Dr. Pepper. I don't like to drink my calories so try to stick to no-calorie beverages. Coffee is a big staple for me as well. I fully admit I consume too much caffeine but for now I'm ok with that vice as there is much worse.

Jameson said:
I fully admit I consume too much caffeine...

My blessings are with you. :D

I'm a fan of Sierra Mist myself, but I like it just a hair flat, oddly enough. From a fountain is best, I find. I like coffee as well, with cream only.

Also, there are what I call "root-beer days" (I'm a fan of root beer), which have a very strict definition:

1. Saturday or holiday in the summer
  2. Temp between 70 and 80 degrees F
  3. Low humidity
  4. Only cirrus clouds or no clouds in the sky
  5. Root beer must be consumed in the afternoon of such a day.

IBC root beer is very superior root beer, as is A&W, but I also like some store brands, particularly if they're sugar-sweetened. HEB has a good brand.

Ribena when it's made to the right proportions

Usually though I drink water because I'm lazy and it's cheap

What is the most popular soft drink or beverage?

The most popular soft drink or beverage varies by country and region. In the United States, the most popular soft drink is Coca-Cola, followed by Pepsi. In other parts of the world, regional brands may be more popular.

What is the healthiest soft drink or beverage?

The healthiest soft drink or beverage is subjective and depends on individual dietary needs and preferences. However, some healthier options include water, 100% fruit juice, and unsweetened tea or coffee. It is important to check the nutrition labels and ingredients list to make an informed decision.

What is the difference between a soft drink and a beverage?

The terms "soft drink" and "beverage" are often used interchangeably, but there is a slight difference. Soft drinks specifically refer to carbonated beverages, while beverages can include non-carbonated drinks such as juice, tea, coffee, and water.

What are some alternatives to traditional soft drinks?

Some alternatives to traditional soft drinks include sparkling water, kombucha, coconut water, and fruit-infused water. These options can provide a similar fizzy or flavored sensation without the added sugars and artificial ingredients found in many soft drinks.

How can I reduce my intake of soft drinks and beverages?

To reduce your intake of soft drinks and beverages, consider replacing them with healthier alternatives such as water, tea, or fruit juice. You can also try diluting your soft drink with water to decrease the amount of sugar and calories consumed. It is also important to limit your portion sizes and be mindful of your consumption habits.