When Does a Swing Rider Feel the Lightest?

• Thread starter lucky777
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Set Swing
FN + FΘIn summary, the person on the swing feels the lightest when the velocity acting upwards cancels out the effects of gravity, resulting in a lower weight. The components of the force at a general angle θ are the tangential force and the force pointing towards the center of rotation. The resultant of the normal force and the tangential force provide the centripetal force.
lucky777
At which point does the person on the swing feel the lightest?
2ezihp0.gif

I'm leaning towards #2 and I'm pretty sure it's #2, but I just need to make sure. I'm not sure if this is correct or not, but I believe the velocity acting on the person (upwards), cancels out the gravity or lowering the effects of gravity, thus weight would be lower [w=m(g)].

Physics news on Phys.org
At a general angle θ, what would the components of the force? (one is tangential while the other points toward the center of rotation)

When you get that, remember that the resultant of the normal force and the component provide the centripetal force FC

Related to When Does a Swing Rider Feel the Lightest?

1. How do I properly install a swing set?

The first step is to choose a suitable location for your swing set. Make sure the ground is level and free of any obstacles. Next, follow the manufacturer's instructions for assembling and anchoring the swing set. It's important to securely anchor the swing set to the ground to prevent it from tipping over.

2. What are the safety precautions I should take when using a swing set?

Always supervise children while they are using the swing set. Make sure the swing set is properly assembled and anchored. Check for any loose or broken parts before each use. Teach children to use the swing set safely, such as not standing on the swing or pushing others while swinging.

3. How do I maintain and care for my swing set?

Regularly inspect the swing set for any wear and tear, such as rust, loose bolts, or damaged parts. Clean the swing set with mild soap and water, and regularly check for any splinters or rough edges. In colder climates, it's important to remove snow and ice from the swing set to prevent damage.

4. Can I add additional features to my swing set?

It depends on the type and brand of your swing set. Some swing sets are designed to be customizable and have options for adding additional features such as a slide or climbing wall. However, it's important to make sure these additions are compatible with your swing set and follow the manufacturer's instructions for installation.

5. How do I choose the right swing set for my family?

Consider the age and size of your children, as well as the available space in your backyard. Look for swing sets with safety features such as rubber-coated chains and sturdy construction. It's also important to choose a swing set with the appropriate weight limit for your children's age and size.