Where can I find a long list of clearly solved trig integral problems?

In summary, the conversation discusses the need for resources and practice in order to develop a better understanding of when to use various integration techniques. Suggestions for resources include CRC Standard Mathematical Tables and Schaum's Outlines.
lightlightsup
Homework Statement:: I need to develop my instincts on when to use u-sub, integration-by-parts, trig substitution, etc. But, I need to read/see tons of problems actually being solved with these techniques to know which technique to apply quickly.
Relevant Equations:: Sorry for the vague question.

I've already got access to textbooks, solution banks, Paul's notes, etc.
But, I thought this was still worth asking.

Physics news on Phys.org
My go-to resource for all kinds of integrals is "CRC Standard Mathematical Tables." A friend gave me a copy (15th Ed.) back in the early 70s. It has a fairly large section on integrals, as well as tables for Laplace transforms, Fourier transforms, and lots of other math-related stuff. The tables don't show complete worked examples, but you can sort of infer what technique is being used by the form of the solutions.

CRC is the Chemical Rubber Co. I don't know if the book is still being published, but you can find used copies for very little if you search on Amazon or eBay or used book sellers such as abe.com.

Another resource that I used to have it Schaum's Outlines. The one on calculus should have lots of tables of integrals and examples.

Likes lightlightsup

1. What is the purpose of finding a long list of clearly solved trigonometric integral problems?

The purpose of finding a long list of clearly solved trigonometric integral problems is to practice and improve your understanding of trigonometric integrals. By studying and solving a variety of problems, you can develop a better understanding of the concepts and techniques involved in solving these types of integrals.

2. Where can I find a long list of clearly solved trigonometric integral problems?

There are several resources where you can find a long list of clearly solved trigonometric integral problems. Some options include online math forums, textbooks, and math problem-solving websites. You can also create your own list by solving problems from your math textbook or online resources.

3. How can solving a long list of trigonometric integral problems improve my skills?

Solving a long list of trigonometric integral problems can improve your skills by helping you become more familiar with the techniques and strategies involved in solving these types of integrals. It can also help you identify common patterns and develop a deeper understanding of the underlying concepts.

4. Are there any tips for effectively using a long list of solved trigonometric integral problems for practice?

One tip for effectively using a long list of solved trigonometric integral problems for practice is to start with simpler problems and gradually work your way up to more complex ones. It can also be helpful to review the solutions and try to understand the reasoning behind each step. Additionally, you can challenge yourself by trying to solve the problems without looking at the solutions first.

5. How can I check if my answers to the trigonometric integral problems are correct?

You can check if your answers to the trigonometric integral problems are correct by plugging your solution back into the original integral and seeing if it yields the same result. You can also use a graphing calculator to visualize the function and see if your solution matches the graph. Additionally, you can compare your solution to the solution provided in the list or ask for feedback from a math teacher or tutor.