Where to find in-depth info about each star's composition?

In summary, the conversation is about the search for more detailed information on the chemical content of stars, specifically Iodine and Molybdenum. The individual is looking for sources or databases that provide in-depth data on a large number of stars and the mathematical background involved in analyzing this data. The possibility of using existing databases, such as Vizier, is also mentioned.
Guilherme Franco
Hello.

I couldn't sum my entire question in the title, so here it goes:

I have a friend that needs information about the content of Iodine and Molybdenum in stars (from as much stars as he can).

There are references to the content of many stars in books and papers, but most of them don't give details about these elements (and neither about many other).

So, my questions are:

1) Are there sources with more in-depth information about the chemical content of stars, preferably about a good amount of stars (like a catalog)?

2) If not, is there any good database with data of star spectra that i could use in an program to analyse it and give me an more detailed output?

I'm an programmer, so programming itself is not an issue for me. What i want to know is about the avaliability of such data, the possibility of doing such analysis with any existing database and the mathematical background involved in computing these informations from the avaliable data (if any).So far, I haven't found any source giving this specific information about each star in a catalog style.

Thank you!

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Vizier,http://vizier.u-strasbg.fr/viz-bin/VizieR, might be a place to look. They have an enormous collection of catalogs. I'm not saying it will be easy to find exactly what you are looking for, but, it's as good a place as any to browse and see what is available. I did a quick check for chemical abundances of stars and found several candidate.

1. What is the composition of a star?

The composition of a star refers to the elements that make up its structure. This can include hydrogen, helium, and other elements such as carbon, nitrogen, and oxygen.

2. Where can I find information about a star's composition?

You can find information about a star's composition in various sources such as scientific journals, books, and online databases. NASA's Exoplanet Archive and the European Space Agency's Gaia mission are good sources for this information.

3. How is a star's composition determined?

A star's composition is determined by analyzing its spectrum, which is the range of wavelengths of light that it emits. Each element has a unique spectral signature, allowing scientists to identify the elements present in a star.

4. Can a star's composition change over time?

Yes, a star's composition can change over time. As a star goes through different stages of its life cycle, it can fuse different elements in its core, changing its overall composition. Supernova explosions can also alter the composition of a star.

5. Are there any differences in composition among stars?

Yes, there can be differences in composition among stars. This can depend on factors such as the star's mass, age, and location in the galaxy. For example, younger stars tend to have a higher abundance of heavier elements compared to older stars.