Whether to clear carbon gasoline additive do?

In summary, the conversation discussed the effectiveness of a gasoline additive in cleaning carbon build-up. The formula for the additive includes methanol, isopropyl alcohol, ethylene glycol monobutyl ether, and diacetone alcohol. It was also mentioned that adding tert-butyl alcohol can increase the octane number. The purpose of cleaning carbon is to ensure that the fuel ends up as CO2 after combustion. The conversation also mentioned a website, fuel-testers.com, which reviews gas treatment products. It is unclear if the posts were written using Google Translate and the person asks for feedback on any errors.
proshenn
Does the gasoline additive can be complete and effective cleaning of carbon?
This is the recipe I found on the Internet formula

Methanol 60~70%

Isopropyl alcohol CK

Ethylene glycol monobutyl ether, 10~20%

Diacetone alcohol 10~20%

If I need to raise the octane number need to add tert-butyl alcohol%

Chemistry news on Phys.org
What do you consider clean?

Those fuels ends up as CO2 after combustion.

BoB

proshenn said:
I made this website message

Are you using google translate to write your posts? I am afraid they don't make much sense.

1. What is carbon gasoline additive and why is it used?

Carbon gasoline additive is a chemical compound that is added to gasoline to improve its performance. It is primarily used to enhance fuel efficiency and reduce harmful emissions from vehicle exhaust.

2. Is carbon gasoline additive safe for the environment?

There is ongoing debate about the environmental impact of carbon gasoline additive. While it can reduce emissions, it can also contribute to air pollution and potentially harm aquatic life if spilled into bodies of water. Further research is needed to fully understand its environmental effects.

3. Can carbon gasoline additive damage my car's engine?

In most cases, no. Carbon gasoline additive is designed to work with the components of a car's engine and should not cause any damage. However, it is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions and not overuse the additive.

4. How often should I use carbon gasoline additive in my car?

The frequency of use for carbon gasoline additive depends on the specific product and the individual car. It is best to follow the guidelines provided by the manufacturer for optimal performance.

5. Is it necessary to clear carbon gasoline additive from my car?

There is no definitive answer to this question. Some experts suggest that clearing the additive every few thousand miles can be beneficial, while others argue that it is not necessary. It is ultimately up to the individual car owner to decide what is best for their vehicle.