Which Direction Do You See the Dancer Spin?

In summary, the conversation was about a visual test to determine if a person is left-brained or right-brained. The test involved a woman spinning clockwise or counterclockwise and the results would indicate whether the person is left or right-brained. Some people were surprised by their results and others questioned the accuracy of the test. There was also discussion about the use of an attractive nude woman in the test and how it may affect the results. Some participants were able to control the direction of the woman's spin and others noticed that it would switch direction randomly. There was also mention of different techniques to make the woman spin in a certain direction. Overall, the conversation delved into the different functions of the left and right brain and how it
Me threemor!

Physics news on Phys.org
wow, once i managed to see that the woman was basically just flipping over left and right in a vertical axis, i can change the way i want to look her turn.

As for the cube well, i managed to compare the junction immediately top left of the dot. If i wanted to view the dot as nearer to me, then i would be right brained, if i wanted to view the dot as further away from me, then I am left.

Evo said:
I still say it is flat and yellow is the upper left. What's the evaluation of that?

Umm, it means you are absolutely right and we are all just imagining things.

Evo said:
I have a brain tumor also, when I opened it my first thought was "upper left is yellow". Then I re-read what hynagogue wrote and realized that's not an option, so I looked at it again then saw it "inward" then wondered if it was outward, then it changed to outward, then I thought "inward" and it became inward.

I still say it is flat and yellow is the upper left. What's the evaluation of that?

It means you have a hole where the tumor should be.

Yipes. Open it and look at it with both eyes. Then start closing and opening one eye at a time and alternating. It changes from one aspect to the other.

In the OP the girl twirling will go one way when focusing only on the feet and the other way when looking at the whole picture.

? Should I call my family doctor or a psychiatrist? Hmm the MD will be cheaper.:smile:

Last edited:
ShawnD said:
When I opened the page it was going clockwise, then after I had read through the list of things, she was spinning counter-clockwise. I hit refresh (so it reloads the gif) and it started spinning clockwise again.

I tried what you suggested and it always spinned clockwise for me. Always.

This seems strange to me since I am very much into (and good at) math.

Last edited: